Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Anyone know this van....71 MO 526

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
It is green and white early bay. It is fitted out as camper with some sort of pop roof.One of the roofs that go straight up.
Neighbour is thinking about buying it. I have seen 2 photos on a phone. Just wondering if anyone on here owns it or knows it. It is currently in Kavanaghs Garage in Duleek.

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
seen it there a few times looks clean but havent seen it up close.
Its only a few miles from me I could check it out for him.

Last edited:

sammon

Club Member
Club Member
April 16, 2008
Sutton, Dublin
That was my bus, spent alot of money on it and I mean a lot, sold it to a couple in Drogheda in 2010, no nothing of it since other than they have been trying to sell it for about a year.

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
I don't know the van but no.

How can you say that?

I've spent that and more on my van and if I sell it I will be looking for it back, Its not like selling a modern car and expecting to get back money you spent on maintenance. Charging someone that price IF they don't have to spend another fortune is ok.

EvilMonkley

Club Member
Club Member
June 19, 2010
Geneva
How can you say that?

I've spent that and more on my van and if I sell it I will be looking for it back, Its not like selling a modern car and expecting to get back money you spent on maintenance. Charging someone that price IF they don't have to spend another fortune is ok.

Good point I apoligise for my rash statement. Mind you if I ever sell my van i doubt i'll ever get back what i've put in. And i may have read the price thinking pounds not euros.

Here's Sammons old for sale ad http://www.eircooled.com/deforum/showthread.php?4601-71-RHD-Bay-for-sale&highlight=

Last edited:

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
seen it there a few times looks clean but havent seen it up close.
Its only a few miles from me I could check it out for him.

Riggsi
If you could do that it would be much appreciated. They are a couple at retiring age and I would hate to see them buy a lemon.
They will be more than happy to pay you to have a look.
Thanks.
Liam

airbag man

Club Member
Club Member
September 17, 2011
dundalk, co. louth
www.airbagsireland.com
I've been in the motortrade in one way or an other 20+ years
and 1 thing I have learned is the more you put into a car the less you may get for it if you ever need to sell it.
A motor like a 71 camper is more about how much you want it than its value, of course if it needs a pile of work or its a basket case its time to bounce the brain. is it worth 12k? A good original or a super well restored bay it could in the right hands get 12k stg in England never mind yo yos
Stump a fellow member from gundalk once said to me a car is a bucket with a hole in its arsk.