Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Anyone got a scrapped beetle with a steering rack?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
late '74 onwards 1303/cabrio parts only :)

if you can't get the original parts from Merlin, Cormac Reddy got that completely FUBAR'd 1303 cabrio last year, it's hardly a resto project so he might be breaking it.

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
late '74 onwards 1303/cabrio parts only :)

if you can't get the original parts from Merlin, Cormac Reddy got that completely FUBAR'd 1303 cabrio last year, it's hardly a resto project so he might be breaking it.

any contact details for cormac reddy trev?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
you can contact him through the SVF forum, or I think he's registered here too.

I don't have my phone to hand right now and I've just sat down with a cuppa so I'll PM you his number later ;)

mintman

Club Member
Club Member
December 23, 2009
meath
looking at this pic i didnt get the bracket P21-3.jpg

Merlin1276

Club Member
Club Member
August 29, 2009
Clare
www.bcs.ie
Hi Airhead

I did sent all the steering system with the disk I got lazy and didnt take them off the disc sorry but a buddy of mine has 3 scrapped bettles i will check the steering setup and let you know

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
ross, i have 70 bug in the yard that im breaking. not sure if it suits, but you are welcome to come and look to see if there is anything on it that siuts..........

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
nah, its a shell really. got it for free, im saving what i can from it, gonna keep the gearbox to make a bench stand to test engines out of car. the rest is up for grabs......no engine though...

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
ross, i have 70 bug in the yard that im breaking. not sure if it suits, but you are welcome to come and look to see if there is anything on it that siuts..........

Thanks, Liam. Unfortunately all the parts I need to replace on my car are 1303 specific. The parts for the rack are even more of a pain cause they're late 1303 specific.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I was up since 4.30. Having bottle trouble. Very slow to get milk out of so feeding takes ages. Have contacted the bottle manufacturers for advice.

Enough of mine, back to Ross's problems ;)

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I just spoke to Cormac. The rods he had on his rack were knackered, and it didn't seem to have any centre bracket. He also told me that the mounting points for the rack and steering box setups are different which I didnt know. Anyway, Otto have new tie rods with ends in stock and they're not mad money, so I'll get them, and that just leaves the steering shaft to find and the centre bracket thingy.

Trev, would you mind having a look at the audi rack you have to see if it has the centre bracket?

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I was up since 4.30. Having bottle trouble. Very slow to get milk out of so feeding takes ages. Have contacted the bottle manufacturers for advice.

Enough of mine, back to Ross's problems ;)

It's very hard to spot, but what number is on the teat? Ye might need to move up one.