Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] any one breaking a van

gary1998

Club Member
Club Member
April 21, 2010
dublin
some fuckbag robbed my van but was seen so got back after 10 mins some damage done
so i need a few bits
one passenger side fly window non opening type
one passenger side door handle
working ignition with steering lock (not that important as i will use chain from now on)
plastic cowling for around steering column

Bugnut

Club Member
Club Member
October 10, 2008
Meath
Shit dude sorry to hear that.
Spoke to a Garda mate today as it happens, he said that anything easy to start is being robbed and warned me to lock up with a chain when parking around mountjoy square.
Ill be sticking my old motor in the Secure garage !

gary1998

Club Member
Club Member
April 21, 2010
dublin
Worst thing is this happened 5mins from home and van was dumped
Beside my parents house . Wasn't a local toe rag even the worst of the local crack heads wouldn't touch it
Both myself and van are very well known around here
I had a battery isolator switch which wasn't switched off (still would have done the damage but not driving away)
Shes all fixed now got all parts from Pete with addition off a lifting eye bolted to floor and heavy cable/wire rope to wrap to steering wheel

gary1998

Club Member
Club Member
April 21, 2010
dublin
this is what i fitted to seat box the hole is already on a t3 so takes five mins on anything else you may
need a eight mill hole i used a nylock nut ( don't need to be adding rattles to these auld yolks)
i now put a bicycle cable/steel rope trough this and around steering
it's a lifting eye i got from prolift (irish chain and rope) i used to be a regular customer there
when worked for road safety company so this was a freebie (y)
lifteye.jpg

Last edited: