Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

'74 One Owner Bug For Sale..

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
thought I'd throw it up here to see what sort of interest there might be..

One Registered Owner from New, first registered on 15-2-1974 in Kilkenny,
my dad used to work for the local vw dealer and took this as a trade in back in '92 against a Polo Fox.
the garage owner restored it and put it in the showroom for a good while afterwards, the original owners got some surprise when they saw it there when they returned to upgrade the polo a few years later..

couple of small marks on body and tear in back of passenger seat
otherwise in good conditon all round.

haven't got round to sorting out brakes yet due to lack of time,so its for sale as it is, I will get time to stick the back bumper on :)

disc brake kit also for sale

viewing welcome, pm me or call 087 2505409 to arrange.

looking for around €4500

IMG_8680.jpg

IMG_8681.jpg

IMG_8682.jpg

IMG_8683.jpg

IMG_8686.jpg

IMG_8687.jpg

IMG_8688.jpg

IMG_8690.jpg

IMG_8691.jpg

IMG_8689.jpg

Last edited:

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
cheers coxy, something else has caught my eye so if this sells , I might buy, if not then no worries :)

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
:ROFLMAO: and you can knock an entrance through the side wall and put a shed in your back garden too, keep burty nice and dry..;)

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Well now your talking. Love the car, great colour. I'll definitely come and have a look. I presume if I ran through the list of checks you sent me, I'll be happy. Is there anything I should know about the car apart from the brakes conversion. BTW what kind of job is that and how much is the disc kit?

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
what's the story with seat belts... are there some in the front? If not are there points for fitting them?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
that car will have points for 3 point belts in the front and 2 point belts in the rear :)

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
i have the seat belts fitted in front only, bought a new set from martin murray.
the brakes have been sorted too,we put in new lines and hoses all round along with a new master cylinder,
things that need sorting out still:
tear in back of passenger seat,
back rest of same seat needs attention as it drops back a bit when you sit against it.
exhaust needs replacing - have a new one just not fitted yet,no time.
rubberseals on doors need replacing
the rear lights are new,but have 2 different coloured seals,one black/one grey??
have a new black one ordered .

i just popped out to the shop earlier in the bug and kinda thought i shouldn't sell it, but if you're genuinely interested pm me.

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
i'll let the new owner tell ye...they should be on here later.

just got a text to say they got home without a bother :)

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Here I am! Yes, I am happy to say that I'm the new owner/driver of 'Zippy'. Or should I say 'my wife' is the new owner/driver. I don't really like to say owner, since I'm starting to see that we don't really own these cars, they seem to own us in many ways.... Jazus, don't let me start getting all poetic an' all.

Yes, we had a great run back to Dublin. For some reason I expected it to be similar to the bus with heavy steering and slow acceleration but it's great, loads of oomph and no problems doing 3-point turns etc. I'm really looking forward to tweaking and adding cool things to Zippy. It's now parked outside my house looking cool beside my bus. There is now quite a gathering of V Dubs here as my neighbour also has a '74 Bug.

Well all I can say is thanks Brian, I'll keep you posted with things on the Zippy front.