Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] 73 beetle bits and pieces

chewy356

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2012
Meath (Ashbourne direction)
I have alot of parts from a couple of '73 beetles. They have been in a container but i need to free up some space so i can squeeze the plastic porsche in while i knock my garage and build a bigger house. who said 3 kids was a good idea!
anyways some stuff to start, make a reasonable offer (assuming i dont have to put a price on everything?)

set of 4 8 spoke allow wheels with 20 year old good year rubber - 100€ - reserved
set of front and rear wings - some rust, a couple of dents, pictures should tell the story - sold
2 set of glass, i didnt go through every piece but certainly one set is shamrock, and likely both - 120 a set
73 dash, radio cut out and an alarm led on the top right, but no cracks and nice condition - 15€
2 bumbers, not in great nick, a little buckled - sold
2 original seats, probably need to be recovered -20€ the pair
2 bucket seats, unknown brand, tip forward, forward/back slide - 40€ the pair - reserved
73 rear deck lid, pretty good condition, one small piece of rust at very bottom lip under latch button - 20€
73 heater channels x 2, bought from Otto back in the day - heavy so possibly german? - sold
I also have a 944 IRS sub assembly, the piece that holds the swing arms (no swing arms, they are in the plastic porsche), and an IRS rear end, both have been out side for some time and free to a good home, might be useful to someone doing an IRS upgrade. - free to a good home

I am based in Meath, north of Ratoath.

sorry, i dont have the pictures on computer to upload.. all pics here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/qGbH2PkpWmPAkABt9

Attachments

• photo27726.jpg
    photo27726.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

chewy356

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2012
Meath (Ashbourne direction)
havent been on here for ages - when you dont have a garage it is demotivating to be on here! mostly all left. let me know what you need and will have a look. all the easy to take off bits from a couple of 73 bugs in a container waiting for a second life

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
@ Trevor- there was a very tough blue beetle "abandoned roof chop" 70s beetle f/s in clonmel that had rubber matts - I took a look at it the week before Christmas n have some pics on the old phone I think.... Was too rough for me to be bothered with- the ad is gone from DD but I think I have the sellers no- he wanted the lot gone in one go tho...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Cheers Kevin. I'm not un a position to buy a whole other car to get the mats though. I have enough scrap here as it is!

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
...I hear you trev- I was thinking if you got I. Touch with the original seller he might pass on the details of whoever bought 'the lot'....