Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] 6V Starter Motor

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone got a 6v Starter in useable condition that they are willing to part with?

I've gotten the one on the '67 reconditioned twice now in the last year and it just doesn't have the torque anymore to turn over the engine. I don't really want to fork out for a new one just yet but if nobody has anything then I will. ;)

paddymac

Club Member
Club Member
January 13, 2009
Cork
I think I have one from my 65 beetle, I am in Cork if you can arrange collection?
I'll have a look this evening and come back tomorrow morning.

Ralph

Had a look, Yes I have one, I changed it with the one in my car as I was having starter problems, turned out to be a bad earth.
Anyhow €50 and it is yours

Last edited:

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
i have a few ,is it '50s or '60s? can you post a pic of which youv got.?

Here you go...311 911 021. If you have anything I will take it. and if you're going to be at Limerick Show this weekend I can collect there? :)
67starter.jpg

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
I think I have one from my 65 beetle, I am in Cork if you can arrange collection?
I'll have a look this evening and come back tomorrow morning.

Ralph

Had a look, Yes I have one, I changed it with the one in my car as I was having starter problems, turned out to be a bad earth.
Anyhow €50 and it is yours

Cheers Ralph, I'll take it too please. Are you heading to Limerick Show this weekend by any chance? Or if someone close to you is heading maybe you could throw it over to them. If not, I'll organise something. ;)

411 guy

March 14, 2007
co clare
SORRY,i've 2 111 911 021a's and i'm after checking and neither of them are working, and the othher had the solenoid broken.

krissovo

Club Member
Club Member
August 9, 2010
Cork
I am 99% certain I will be heading up from the Cork direction and can bring this up if needs be. If someone can figure out the logistics and drop me a note, I can collect it in the morning before I head up.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I'm heading up in the morning, unless it's pissing down. Cobh > N25 > City > Mallow

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
I'm heading up from Cork too. Where is it to be collected? I'm about 20 miles west of the city.

Need response in next 15 mins though as heading out for the night and leaving at 9am heading in opposite direction to city.
Sorry for late response. Was in city all day.