Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

6th Annual Barn, Bugs, and Wags. October 24th and 25th 2015

jonwhite

Club Member
Club Member
July 13, 2009
castledermot
Sorry, Once again really late this year in putting something up. Making preparations for the 6th Annual Barn, Bugs, and Wags. It will be on October 24th and 25th at VW Spares in Castledermot. This is the week after Camp and is a bank holiday weekend so you will have Monday to recover!

Once again, the event will kick-off on Saturday (arrive after 4pm) and will finish up with prize giving around 3 pm Sunday. We'll be holding the event again this year in the indoor riding arena next to VW Spares so you're welcome to 'camp' in your van or a tent overnight indoors. There will be an abundance of Tea and Coffee provided, a BBQ on Saturday night with burgers and sausages, and if you want to bring any food for yourself to cook on the BBQ please do. Our resident DJ Rez will be performing on the Saturday night, dancing to all hours. We'll also have some food on the Sunday.

This year we'll have trophies for Runner up and Best Beetle/Ghia, Runner up and Best Bus, Runner up and Best Water Cooled, and People's Choice Award. Also going to have some prizes this year, nothing fancy a few hoodies and vouchers and anything I can scrounge.

If you would like any parts ordered to collect at the show please phone me on 086-6038449 or e-mail me at sales@vwspares.ie. Also the shop will be open if required.
Once again any suggestions are gratefully received.

Many thanks
Jon

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Good man john! I know I'm playing but this but this and the camp weekend finish the Vw year. Both are excellent and I would encourage people to book time off work now and try to finish the season with a bang.

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Missed last year but will be there this year. Looking forward to it. Mate joe will be too in his maroon t25... Jon will know the van.. Haha

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Very little talk of this so far despite the decent number which turn up each year.
Whos going? Only a few days away now and a great way to end the season.

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Unfortunately I have to cry off again this year.. Other things have come up.. and the van is laid up again!
Really disappointed I'm missing this again.. It's a great weekend every time

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I wasn't sure whether I'd take the Beetle or the Bus on Sunday and then I remembered that the Bay has heating and the Beetle doesn't so decision made! The warm Bay it is (y)

jonwhite

Club Member
Club Member
July 13, 2009
castledermot
HI Guys, just a quick one for this weekend, we have a problem with bottle tops on the arena floor. Last year the arena was sand, this its a rubber compound and would be quite hard to find the bottle tops after the weekend and unfortunately they get stuck in the horses hoofs. It would be great if you could bring cans instead or we have to make sure all the bottle tops are placed in the bins and not on the floor. If not the event venue could be put at risk for the future.

Many thanks
Jon

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Aoife and I had a great time as always. It was great to get the van out for a run. We really haven't had much time this year for VW related activities. Thanks to all involved for the hospitality and hard work. Music was top class as well thanks to Kev. The trophies were outstanding too, thanks to Trev. It's interesting how it was very much a camping trip this time more than a show. There wasn't a huge turnout of beetles at all.

Here's our photos from the weekend...
http://s117.photobucket.com/user/live1052/library/Barn bugs and Wags 2015

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
great job on the photography Ross, cheers!

very true about the beetles. Only two there today with reports of a third one on Saturday night. I wonder what turned off the beetle owners? Couldn't have been the weather, it was dry and relatively mild for the end of October. Or maybe all the beetle owners have graduated to become van owners :ROFLMAO:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
my photojournal of BB&W 2015. Make a cup of tea while you wait for it to load...

20151025_144522_zps9784ot2y.jpg