Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

1985 Anniversary Beetle

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Before the accident
19851200AnniversaryBeetle3.jpg

The damage
19851200AnniversaryBeetle6.jpg

23072008191.jpg

23072008190.jpg

23072008189.jpg

Interior
19851200AnniversaryBeetle1.jpg

S

Seweryn

It went for €1,620

Great project for someone at a steal of a price.

Hi Cathal,

Thanks for your interest and your help.

The Bug went to a local Guy - Eoin, who, I believe will theat The Car the right way. He was the only person (except yourself and Trevor), who came over to see The Baby. And that's probably why he was so serious with the bidding. Congratulations!

Best Regards and Hello to All, as this is my first post here.

Peter

Last edited:
S

Seweryn

Glad it worked out well, and with it Eoin living locally you'll see it when he is finished.

Well, he is located just about 46 km South... Yes, I can't wait to see Her finished, but on the other hand, I am sorry to se The Beetle go...

S

Seweryn

Now you'll have the time to work on your yellow 1302 :ROFLMAO:

Haha :) Eoin just rang me and he said: "You don't have to swap the wheels, I am taking The Yellow Bug as well". (as you remember the Yellow Beetle wears the shoes from the Jubi-Beetle :D). But I don't want to damage my Landscape completely...

S

Seweryn

You have to fix that one, it shows your history of travel around Europe!

No, I am not going to sell my Yellow Bug, there is to much of me in it. But fixing the bodywork - that could a bit of a challenge. I was still using her last October, as you know. Finally, it is time for retirement after 10 years in my hands and well over 100 thousands of reliable and effortless kilometers. She never let me down, no mater was there +40 or -25 degrees, she was always on the button. But even before I got her, she was used in Germany as a working horse, and the Guy also had a VW Transporter and when the engine was gone in it, he used the engine from The Yellow Bug to make it moving... She had some lovely life...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
and she'll live again :) if you can get the framehead sorted out the rest of it is easy work.

congrats on the sale, I'm sorry the time wasn't right for me to buy it or I would have taken it months ago :( I hope Eoin gets it restored to its former glory and has a great time with it...

trev