Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] 1974 Bug (60s look)

swampdonkey

April 17, 2013
dublin
This is prob a silly question. But since car is a 1974 can I vrt is at the flat rate right now ? or do I literally have to wait till it's 30th birthday .which would be Some stage in 2014

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
This is prob a silly question. But since car is a 1974 can I vrt is at the flat rate right now ? or do I literally have to wait till it's 30th birthday .which would be Some stage in 2014

I presume it is on the month of first registration - probably all depends on the person you get behind the desk.

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork

Lads, at 1974, the car will be 40 this year, not 30. It was 30 years old in 2004!

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
...but in answer to your question, yes, it is 30 years from the date/day of the car's first registration.

swampdonkey

April 17, 2013
dublin
Jim I can't pm u as I'm just new here and havnt joined up properly yet. Just a quick question . Would you class that as a realistic daily driver ? I'm looking for a bug that I can use everyday. This Looks ideal

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Jim I can't pm u as I'm just new here and havnt joined up properly yet. Just a quick question . Would you class that as a realistic daily driver ? I'm looking for a bug that I can use everyday. This Looks ideal

As usable as a bug is, remember it's lowered so steering a bit heavier and 1600 engine. Also are you familiar with older cars and their ways? Not being smart, but had someone view who expected PAS!! Give nephew a buzz and go have a nosey. He's open to sensible offers dude. The previous owner, Shea (who posted on the thread here) dailyed this wee car and did Derry/Belfast/Dublin trips frequently.

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Open to sensible offers folks, had chance of a few very nice swaps unfortunately had to turn down as need the space!