Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] 1974 Bug (60s look)

jim1500

June 1, 2007
My sister bought this wee car last year, she hasn't used it much and with her kids starting to get their own cars there's 7 or 8 cars at her house now so something has to go!

It's a 74 with earlier panels and a fibreglass W rear lid. It had a fortune spent on it before she bought it, pedrini alloys, 4 pirelli tyres, stainless bumpers (it seems like) rear venetian blind, bamboo parcel shelf, tan basket weave interior. 1600 engine that pulls really well too. Needs a headliner and a few wee odds and ends. Will try get a few more pics

april2013053_zps7c418f9c.jpg

DSC_0022_zps870be6fb.jpg

She's left it in to get MOT prep and once through will be looking £2500 ono

It's just outside Belfast

Last edited:

Shea

October 15, 2010
Derry
My old beetle! I heard that your sister got hold of it Jim. Just a bit of background I brought it over from Manchester in 2010. I did a road trip around Ireland in it and not once did it give me any trouble. Seriously good engine in it, I used to run it from Dublin to Derry and would see mid 30s no problem. Really regret selling it should have kept it for my brother, but I'm too skint with the camper to buy it back. Good luck with sale!

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Cheers for the comments dudes. Would like to see it go to a good home............I'm debating liberating the pedrinis and getting them detailed for my 67 (y)
Now who's coming up top buy it then, form an orderly queue......

Pancho, it's in Glengormly so not far from Big Rab

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Hi, an enthusiast friend of mine in Limerick is interested in the car and would appreciate if could you give some more detailed info and photos showing interior and bodywork structure. I can provide email address for pics etc. if that's handier. Cheers.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Surprised this is still around, swap the wheels for a set of Spinstars it'd be a different look

jim1500

June 1, 2007
If wheels come off Britt only place they'll be going is on my 67 (y)

How it could look with the rims detailed
29510.jpg

jim1500

June 1, 2007
If you buy the bug you can have them for free (y)

They are a lovely wheel!