Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

1972 Beetle for sale

herbie

Club Member
Club Member
October 9, 2009
monaghan
1972 1600 Beetle for sale
I bought this beetle off EBay in the summer for £1,800. I bought it off a lad in Liverpool, flew over and drove it back to Monaghan without a problem. Since then I have tried to unearth any rust spots by scrapping back the bubbled areas. In the video you should be able to see everything and here how it sounds. I am currently doing my dissertation and had planned to restore it as a hobby. But after sending it to a mechanic to look at it I have discovered that the heater channels will need replacing as well as the 2 doors. The floor pans are in good conditions as is the head lining and the majority of the body.I bought a new battery. I have also registered it in Ireland with a ZV reg, but haven’t got the plates yet as I can’t get insurance until I am 23, therefore there is no point in taxing it. The car ticks over very well and starts on the button every time. The car has been lowered with adjusters at the front and will come with the fibreglass boot lid if wanted and the empi wheels. My plans have changed since I bought it and I intend going abroad for the summer know that’s why I’m not going to put the money into restoring it. If I don’t get reasonable money for it I intend storing it and restoring it in autumn.
Offers
SDC10486.jpg

These pics were taken on the one stop in ardee coming from the airport since this as I say I have just scraped 3 areas with bubbles and removed the chrome and carpets will post these pic in a while and a video of her running. The car will come with 2 wings and 2 new running boards.
SDC10484.jpg

SDC10485.jpg

SDC10483.jpg

SDC10482.jpg

SDC10482.jpg

SDC10487.jpg

Here's the video of her running.

http://s886.photobucket.com/albums/ac69/colin1987/?action=view&current=SDC10607.flv

Sorry should say hear I have the back door cards and rear seat in good condition which ill put back in and I can put the carpets and all back down aswell. Here is more photos after some unvealing and the original boot put back on.

SDC10597.jpg

SDC10598.jpg

SDC10599.jpg

SDC10602.jpg

Last edited:

herbie

Club Member
Club Member
October 9, 2009
monaghan
Hard question but sure I would be thinking over €1,000
Can you see and hear the video ok??

Last edited:

Bugnut

Club Member
Club Member
October 10, 2008
Meath
In real terms its a serious restoration job, sorry you got caught on the ebay thing.

Id be interested but only around the €500 mark bearing in mind the repairs needed.

otherwise best of luck with the sale.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
cheers, I wont be that annoyed if I have to keep it i think it has good potential and it drives very well.

Really your probaly better off keeping it, although €500 is a fair price considering the work. Best of luck with the sale

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
i would have thought the 1600cc if in ok condition is worth about 500, the wheels about 200 other random bits 200 or so, i think the 1000 is fair, i have seen worse projects for sale on here for a lot more

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Please please please re-route those spark plug leads around the back of the carb away from the PULLEY otherwise you'll have no car left to sell at all!!! ;)

Best of luck with sale.