Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] 1966 Beetle 1300 Delux - slightly ratty

Bugnut

Club Member
Club Member
October 10, 2008
Meath
INTERIOR PICS ADDED

For sale here is quite a unusual example.

It is a 1966 1300 Delux from Australia

Now for you "experts" - Im sure you spotted that this is a small window 60's Beetle bodyshell.

You are all no doubt wondering if its a ringer, or had a body transplant, but the answer is that the car was built in Australia by VW Australaisia Ltd and they built the small window through to '66.

They built the Beetle from scratch, not just assembling as we did here.
So the car has all its parts stamped "Made in Australia" as opposed to made in Germany, which I thought is kinda neat !

As it is a dry country car the body is in great shape, its no trailer queen, and does have some paint scabbing, but over all a very presentable original car.

This car has 73000 ish GENUINE miles, I have a full service history for this car from a VW dealer in Bondai Beach Australia up to 58000 or so .

Its a number matching car, chassis, engine etc all original to the original paperwork.

I got this car about 2years ago and drove it all over Ireland, about 8000 miles in the first year and did nothing but servicing, never gave me a minutes trouble.

The single port 1300 engine runs without any issues but it is at the mileage that it would benefit from a small recon - dont get me wrong though, its a good runner but I had always intended to get the original motor refurbed rather than a new one.

Everything functions as it should - down to the interior light.

Interior wise - well used , would be a good description, not manky, but could do with a carpet set and seat covers if you like new stuff.

All in all you could take it and drive it as is - originality is always admired - or if so desired spend a bit and have a show winner.

PRICE €4000 - might consider a px for a good TIG plant.

Here are some pics.

03072009193.jpg

29062009187.jpg

BeetleDarkSky.jpg

16052009121.jpg

DSC02426.jpg

DSC02428.jpg

Last edited:

Bugnut

Club Member
Club Member
October 10, 2008
Meath
IMAG0590.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

Issues - inside bottom of doors small rust , rust on side of bonnet, pics make it look worse than is.
IMAG0596.jpg

IMAG0597.jpg

Bugnut

Club Member
Club Member
October 10, 2008
Meath
Hi Brian

Been a bit of a crazy but good year on the personal front, child access etc, so have not been out and about much.

Now its time for a new business, so a few things have to go .

matara

Club Member
Club Member
May 17, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Lovely looking car. Are you sure its a 66? Looks more like an Aussie 67 model to me as 1300 Deluxes are a 67 only thing (there was a lesser Custom model as well).

Good luck with the business venture.

Cheers

Steve

Bugnut

Club Member
Club Member
October 10, 2008
Meath
Thanks for all the comments lads.

Anyone interested ?

The POS sold for around this kinda money, with no engine or interior IIRC.

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Thanks for all the comments lads.

Anyone interested ?

The POS sold for around this kinda money, with no engine or interior IIRC.

It did have an engine alright but not much of an interior.
This is a really nice car for the price.

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
I'd known this car since it came into the country and had a drive of it on its first outting.
I was aware for a while this was going up for sale but didn't think much about it

When I seen the pictures again i just wanted it and rang Graham who was amazed, anyway went to view it the next day as I thought it would be bought very quickly

Fell in love with it again as i hadn't seen it since last summer
It Looks suppppper, drives, handles and stops great
The only factor for me was that i'd be using it daily with young lad in the front seat and there is no way to stop him opening the door as it has the old style push pull handle.

I had to walk away.. even later after a couple of cuppas when i was going home i had second thoughts and had to leave rapidly

shes a beauty

Last edited: