Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] 1303 project for sale

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
I'm selling the 1303 as a project as I've realised Ijust don't have the time to complete what with work,college and also there is a sprog on the way so time for this car to go..

Its a 1974 1303 beetle.It needs both channels replaced and welding to the floor and inner arches.The engine is a 1300tp that is running but I've been reliably informed that the exhaust valve is sticking on no.3.

The car will come with..

2 sparco rev bucket seats
6 point roll cage
17"RH turbo twist replicas running 245/50 all round
pair of 205/50/17 tyres
sports steerng wheel
CSP carbonfibre rear bumper
Kamei styleCarbon fibre front spoiler
Kerscher grp front bumper
Kerscher grp running boards
adjustable strut brace
pop out windows

There is also a second 1303 bodyshell available FOC.

I'm looking for 1600e for the lot.I'm losing me bollocks on this so there is absolutely no negotiation on this priceThe extras alone are worth more than this so buy them and get a free beetle:)

I'll get some photos up at the weekend

Ta for looking

Last edited:

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Congrats on the sprog and commiserations on the sale. You can always start another project in the future though so its not too bad (especially if the sprog turns out to be mechanically handy :) )

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Thanks for the comments lads,it's bittersweet but needs must.May I just add that I'm not leaving the vdubs behind I'm just gonna get a ready made one:).And I'll tell youone thing Aidan,if this kid turns out to be mechanically minded,I'll be asking the missus some serious questions,coz it wont be mine..;) Anyhoo some pics as promised for your perusal..
045.JPG043.JPG048.JPG042.JPG049.JPG041.JPG046.JPG048.JPG050.JPG

057.JPG051.JPG053.JPG

pencil.png

Attachments

• 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 64

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
009.JPG011.JPG010.JPG013.JPG

Ah,what the hell,I'll even throw in this sip migmate to sweeten the deal.
064.JPGalthough it has wire feed issues,an easy fix

So thats the lot.If ya don't think this is a bloody bargain you need to go away and have a chat with yourself:).
As I said in the original post its a joblot so nothing goes seperately.Buyer collects...

PM me if interested

Last edited:

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
I've spotted something that I'd like so price is dropped

So buy the lot for €1600

or buy the car for €850 with none of the extras,

Parts will not be sold seperately or individually,only sold as a full package..

Confused?.so am I...:)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
EMPI, he bought it from me. I bought it second hand but never fitted off VZI years ago. It wouldn't fit the oval due to the smaller windscreen an the different profile of the inner roof skins above the doors.

Second what Tsar said though, that's a lot of stuff for the money :)

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Congrats on the sprog Jonny but sorry to see you selling up, was looking forward to seein it on the road

Good luck with sale....Bargain!

Thanks buddy,I'm really beginning to regret putting it up for sale now,so if it goes,it goes.If not I'll plug away at it.I really just wanted to fasttrack to having a bug on the road coz when junior/junioress arrives through the door the missus will have other plans for any spare cash.

Hope things are good for you..

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Change of plan:).The car is for sale only.I need this gone to make spce for a new purchase so every offer considered.

just to remind all, it comes with

4 marathon wheels
pop outs
13" steering wheel

it does need welding but is very saveable

Buy it and restore it or break it, its up to you
So any cheeky offer considered,try me, you'd never know..;)

Last edited:
G

that`s a steal. would you not consider breaking it and selling off the bits ? there`s surely more than 400 quid in it

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
I would Barry,but I don't have the room or the time to break it.TBH it would really be a pity to see it broken for parts,but I have another bug coming in the next few weeks so I'm taking a financial hit on this just to get it moved off the drive.Can't believe someone hasn't snapped it up but not a lot of motors moving lately.I'll leave it here until the weekend and then throw it up on the dreaded Dungdeal..