Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register
R
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Britt,
    I have a 10 foot by 5 foot twin axle trailer.
    You're welcome to it.. but you'll have to collect in Dundalk and leave it back too....
    Hey Britt,
    I have a 10 foot by 5 foot twin axle trailer.
    You're welcome to it.. but you'll have to collect in Dundalk and leave it back too.
    Let me know if it suits,
    Cheers.
    Hi Britt,

Just to let you know, I should be around (albeit in Cork) on the 20th June for the container arrival, not goind to Phoenix until first week in July.
    Happy days.

Dave
    Kongomush, that's a very cool boat, all of my Shasta Pics were lost on the old hard drive, sorry.
    Mac,
    Sorry I am up in the air still about Volksworld, $ and timke away and it's Paul's wedding April 1 in Vegas. Kinda hard to spend $800 for a weekend and not even be able to see the family in Ireland.
    Sounds great, did you attach a pic? It seemed to be trying to show me one but it wasn't there. Yeh, the barge is great, I don't get to use it as much as I'd like to... damned Irish weather!

It's hull was built in 1918 and was used to transport cattle around the canals in Holland. In the 60's a lot of the hulls were converted into house boats. She has a '58 Mercedes truck engine which is cooled by pumping the hot water up to the bow to a cooling tank and after cooling the cold water is pumped back down to the engine.

I must look out some more pics of cruising on the Shannon for you.... any Shasta pics?
    Hi Roadcow -I've decided to find some info on my 69 KG it's a US import lefty - how would I go about looking into previous owners ect .thought I'd start with your good self-no prob if it's too much hassle-James
    Hi Liam,
    Your trip is entirely doable. 1 day drive ( 6 hours ) LA to Vegas. 1 day to Grand Canyon from Vegas. Then you have all the time in the world to drive the coast road. LA to San Francisco is 380 miles up I 5 but on Hwy. 1 on the coast be prepared to do it in 2 to 3 days camping along the way. May I suggest Yosemite which is 3 hours from San Fran. it's absolutely Beautiful and well worth the trip. Then south of Yosemite is kings Canyon national Park which is also a great place to visit. Check with me when you are ready to get your camper rented if i have a Westy available you'd be welcome to use it.

Britt
    Hi Britt,
    I am in the early stages of planning a trip California,May/June 2009
    for 3 weeks.I like to plan ahead. Fly to LAX and hire camper probably a T25 Westy.My knowledge of distances and geography is not great but would it be a reasonable trip to visit the grand canyon,Las Vegas,drive the coast road between San Francisco and LA. Heard that is very beautiful. I would reckon on driving about 2000 miles.Want to leave some time to ride a mule to the bottom of the canyon!!!!! There is also a crowd renting Bays.. Surfari or something like that. Have you heard of any of these.
    Any advice would be appreciated. I see some of the renters do not allow visits to death valley...Probably a good thing..
    Liam
    Hi dude, yeah it's been down a few days now!
    How's things with yourself? That yelloe Ghia you found looks lovely, shame it's to be broken dude!
    hi there.just wondering how much would it cost for a rust free bug shell from usa.just trying to work things out with my bug(rusty bug)
    cheers john