Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] free scrap

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'm loading up a skip with crap from the garage. Amongst it is a pair of twin port cylinder heads, presumably 1300. They're bare of valve train stuff so should be considered "rebuild projects". I don't think they're cracked between the valve ports/spark plug holes. I'll double check if you want them.

Also going for free are FOUR steering boxes for '70s beetles. One has a pitman arm, presumably RHD.

Also two '70s oil bath air filters.

there are two '70s beetle quarterlights in there too. frames are rotten but if you need glass grab them before they go.

one reasonably good cardboard glovebox liner
with lever and cable for bonnet release

All free, all for collection only. I'll only hold them if you guarantee me I won't be sitting on them for months, weeks I can handle. I've held stuff in the past only to still have it aaaaaages later... All of the above are currently in the skip, I'll fish them out if you want them. If not then away to the magic metal melty place they go...

I'll post more free stuff as I f**k it out...

Last edited:

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
Also going for free are FOUR steering boxes for '70s beetles. One has a pitman arm, presumably RHD.

Also two '70s oil bath air filters.

there are two '70s beetle quarterlights in there too. frames are rotten but if you need glass grab them before they go.

Can I get one of each above please
I'll be down your way early July

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I,ll take a steering box and the 2 heads if they are useable.

I have to go to Jon,s in Castledermot in the week, so I could collect them then.

tim

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
ok, one steering box reserved for you and I'll inspect the heads more closely and get back to you...

jon c

November 26, 2010
Tipp
Hi Trev.
Could i take the glovebox liner please. I will be up soon with the A-Frame.

Cheers,

Jon.

jon c

November 26, 2010
Tipp
Cheers Trev.
Can you measure it please. If it fits in the jeep, i may not need the A-frame?:D

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
might be a squeeze but it should fit. If it doesn't you can strap it to the roof. It's not that heavy...