Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Alternator

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Looks like the alternator on my neighbours Bug has given up the ghost. I'm looking for a working replacement.

It looks like the engine in this Bug was changed for an early 60's one at some stage. Here's a pick of what's there at the moment, you can see how the regulator has been installed in the engine bay (I presume to deal with 60's wiring on a 70's Bug)....

photo (1).JPG

photo.JPG

some really nice tape-up jobs going on in this car! Great to know she's been sending this to a professional mechanic for the last 20+ years!!!.... this is under the back seat where the regulator used to be.... I guess it works right :)

photo (2).JPG

So, if anyone has a similar alternator lying around, I'll buy it off you. ....

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Forget about second hand ones!!!

Get that one rewound, atleast you know its right then!!!! Try this guy, it all he does and has been doing it for years! Proper oldschool!!!

Based less than a mile from the N11 in Kilmacanogue, on left on the road to roundwood, just up the hill outa kilmack,handy to get to!!! My Dads used him loads over the years!!!

Noel Carey Auto Electrical

Kilmacanogue Co. Wicklow
(01)2862462

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Forget about second hand ones!!!

Get that one rewound, atleast you know its right then!!!! Try this guy, it all he does and has been doing it for years! Proper oldschool!!!

Based less than a mile from the N11 in Kilmacanogue, on left on the road to roundwood, just up the hill outa kilmack,handy to get to!!! My Dads used him loads over the years!!!

Noel Carey Auto Electrical

Kilmacanogue Co. Wicklow
(01)2862462

Might give this a go, it being fairly local an' all... cheers Tsar