Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] Any auld thing at this stage!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
DSC02302.jpg

DSC02300.jpg

Lumps of filler, fibreglass and what looks like cardboard or tin :D

On the upside, the motor looks nice and dry.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
yeah all down both channels were held together with it aswell as most of the quarter panels. engine was goin would like to see if it had end float and get it runnin again. altenator too.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
the last time it was drivin was about 10 years ago, it drove from newbridge to kildare town. i haven't had it runnin in that time and never took a spanner to it so it should be all there. As ya say though i think i'll get the finger out and strip whats left off them and scrap the shells. i have the log books so i'll keep the chassis and maybe clean them up too???

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
its abit like you and the POS i suppose, i only need a kick in the hole for some motivation.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Jeez, makes GZR look mint!!! - Hah, I could pass it on again LOL!

WNI is an old Wicklow reg, nice!

Keep one chassis and build it up nice a fresh, if you get a shell of Britt you'll need to make sure you pic the best bists of both cars to keep for the rebuild and sell the rest! Chassis with log books are worth a few quid, for buggy and trike projects etc!! Then youve got gearboxes and front beams to sell! Might be easier to sell as rolling chassis with book! I recently sold a gearbox, torsiontube, beam, 1200 motor, steering column and hubs, wheels etc to 2 guys building a rail! Got 500notes!

Actually they might be interested in your wellers (white steels) for the right money!!!

When breaking the cars, keep everything thats good, down to the plastic screw caps the screw into the seat belt mounts etc! Little bits like that are getting more and more sought after, talking to my friend Scott at M7 he was just saying people are keeping the smallest parts these days of 70s bugs when breaking them!! Stuff we all fucked out years ago! - Even if you dont sell them, you might need them again!

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Oh yeah, I pulled my 65 donor out of a ditch at the back of a lads shed wher it lay for 9years after it had been crashed, after I cut the body off, before I removed the motor I cleaned out the carb, ran clean fuel to it from an aux fuel tank and stuck a jump pack on it and it fired up!!! No harm trying getting motor running before you remove it!

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Can't argue with any of the above!!!! i had most of that in mind but thats all sound advice and gave me food for thought. I can't see me usin them wheels any time soon so i am open to offers. there is a 5th one of them its just not an exact match of the other ones, i was just goin to use it as a spare. i have them komprinz rims too i'm cleanin up at the min gettin them into primer. have to say i like them done in silver and black.
View attachment 5830

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
...:lol:...

Thats bruce call in some day he'll introduce himself! then maybe bailey, his girlfriend, will have a word too.