Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] ET Mags

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
In order to bolster the kitty for my '56 restoration I've reluctantly decided to put my set of four genuine ET Mags with centre caps up for sale. I love these wheels and don't really want to sell, but its come time to focus my energy on the '56.

Genuine ET Mags are quite rare, you can be guaranteed that you'd be the only one in Ireland and the UK rolling them. The only other set I know of outside the US is owned by a chap in Holland.

Fitment-wise they are in wide five bolt pattern (very rare for genuine ETs), the width is 6" and the dia. is 16.5". The backspace to the mounting surface measures at 2.75". I know on the front of a bug they are not a direct fit, you'll need to be running a narrowed beam, at least 3". The green bug in the picture is running a 3" beam but it looks almost stock so you can see that there is quite a big offset.

I am asking around €1000 but will consider reasonable offers. I took a load of better photos so if anyone is interested PM me and I will email them on. I can bring a wheel to Monard for anyone who wants to view in the metal. Or indeed if anyone definitely wants them I can deliver the full set to you in Monard next weekend or Dublin, Meath, Louth, East Monaghan, South Armagh, etc. anytime.

Cheers

etmag2.jpg

etmag1.jpg

etmag3.jpg

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
They'd look great on a split bus John ;)

True...thats what I was thinking!...but I'm not quite sure yet if I'm going to be running with a wide 5 set-up. Infact I may not be using any splittie running gear at all! :eek:mfg:

Let me think it over a little! Can you send me on some more pics...that might persuade me! Oh, and are you sure they are 16.5" dia?

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Yep...they're 15".

And definitely look like originals from that angle! ;) There were so many similar styled wheels back in the day when these came. The funny thing about ET's is that they don't actually have a name stamped on them i think?