Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Doors and windows

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
Yeah sorry that composite door might fit with a bit of trimming depending on the depth of your revels,what type of door is in their now?how old is the house?

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Yeah sorry that composite door might fit with a bit of trimming depending on the depth of your revels,what type of door is in their now?how old is the house?

The house is Mid'60's. Theirs currently a red(garnet due to the sun) on it, don't think the folks are fuzzy about colours.
Its a wooden door with three panes of glass in it. Should I email you a pic of the door? cheers

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
If you could get me a picture of the existing door in place i would have a better idea of wheather or not it will fit,Its about 30mm wider than it should be for the measurements you have given but they can be trimmed down,I wit get you some pics tomorrow.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
If you could get me a picture of the existing door in place i would have a better idea of wheather or not it will fit,Its about 30mm wider than it should be for the measurements you have given but they can be trimmed down,I wit get you some pics tomorrow.

Grand, could I get your email address for the picture. Could you PM me a price?

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Re: Doors and windows

I'm reinstating this window to a single unit. Ideally it would he a sash to match the house (and planning permission) but I would fit anything really.

Current measurements are 1250w x 1250h but could go smaller all round by 100mm.

If you have anything close to that let me know. Cheers

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 75

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
Sliding sash

The sashes are built around the doubleglazed unit so you will have to go back to Marvin and have one flown in from the States.If you take the sash out you will find a sticker on the side with all the part numbers you need.

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
I'm reinstating this window to a single unit. Ideally it would he a sash to match the house (and planning permission) but I would fit anything really.

Current measurements are 1250w x 1250h but could go smaller all round by 100mm.

If you have anything close to that let me know. Cheers

I should have a white sash around that size will have a look later.

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
@ Kongomush

I have a white PVC sash 900x1200 will have to go to the warehouse to see if i have anything bigger.

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Re: Doors and windows

riggsi said:
@ Kongomush

I have a white PVC sash 900x1200 will have to go to the warehouse to see if i have anything bigger.

Is that 900 high? I'm in a position to bring up the sill and can come down from the top too. What would you be looking for price wise?

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
The sashes are built around the doubleglazed unit so you will have to go back to Marvin and have one flown in from the States.If you take the sash out you will find a sticker on the side with all the part numbers you need.

:wallbash: ...... sounds expensive!

I removed those stickers when painting the windows, although i think that window isn't painted yet (7 yrs later), i'll check tonight, Thanks!

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
width first so 900 wide,I am selling the sash at 160
or I have this aluclad french casement for the same price,its 1220x1200

Last edited:

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Thats OVC isn't it, better talk to the folks. Might have to paint it, how much to fit it? or do you just want to sell the door on its own. Cheers