Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

New profile posts

Hi all,

I'm Paddy from the Black Forest, Germany, living in Dublin now for 4 years almost, and currently in the market to buy a Volkswagen T2 Campervan. Got inspired by a friend who rides a T3 Multivan around Ireland, and another who bought a former Hungarian omnibus to transform it into his mobile home.

New to the Eircooled forum, and still on the lookout for a vehicle, happy about any pointers from the experts.

A bit about me: Just turned 30, loving walks, hikes, travelling and a good climb. Living with my girlfriend in Dublin centre, just next to the Hairy Lemon, have a knock, when you in there, you might just hear me shout back.

Happy to get in touch with you all!

Paddy
Hi Andy
Like your bulli! Hope you ll have lots of fun with it!! We are also living in Wexford near wellingtonbridge. Ours is an early bay.
We ve started a monthly meeting for aircooled / nonaircooled cars vans etc. It's great to meet local people getting advice and help. Somebody might know a mechanic for you!
If you ve time come along tomorrow evening in New Ross at 8pm in the car park beside the Dunbrody famine ship.

Nicole
Well Cathal, spoke to feargal McKevitt yesterday.. the guy that has the green fasty.
He realises now that he is probably never going to do anything with the car.. its been in his ownership now for 10 years and he is no further on.

So looks like it's up for sale.
I looked at it a couple of years ago and it was very bad. The rust has taken a good hold of it; a body swap is probably the most realistic route to take.
It does have an engine and was allegedly driven into its current resting spot, although its not the original 1835cc unit.
Porsche wheels, J bugs seats, leather dash, electric windows and central locking are all there.

It's sitting in a shed outside Dundalk, let me know if you're interested and I'll arrange for you to look at it.
Price wise, haven't got a clue what he's looking for it.
Don't think there would be a mad rush to buy a fasty that needs a full resto....

let me know if you want to have a look, Paul T.
WANTED: Replacement engine for 1986 vw T25 camper- existing one,1600 turbo diesel overheated and can't be salvaged. If you can help, please call Chris on 086 374 6307.
Hi Paul, I wasnt expecting such a quick uptake on this glass. I'll buzz my mate and get the adress tomorrow, and then pass his number on to you tomorrow evening, his name is Adrian. Thanks.
قیچی خم و برش آرماتور
در این مبحث سعی گردیده تا دلایل استفاده از خاموت زن ها و قیچی های خم و برش آرماتور بطور اجمالی بیان شود.
کلیه مصالح بنائی از جمله بتن، تاب و تحمل کشش را نداشته و در اندک زمان در مقابل نیروی کششی از همدیگر گسیخته می‌شوند.
در مقاطعی که بتن تحت تاثیر نیروی کششی باشد فولادگذاری می‌شود. فولاد آلیاژی است که از آهن و کربن تشکیل شده؛ هر چقدر درصد کربن بیشـتر باشد فولاد سخـت‌تر و شکننده‌تر شده و خاصیت شکل‌پذیری آن کمتر می‌شود. فولادی که در ساختمان مصرف می‌شود باید به راحتی شکل‌پذیر باشد تا بصورت دلخواه و سرد، خم شود.
آرماتوربندی از حساس‌ترین و بادقت‌ترین قسمت‌های ساختمانی بتنی می‌باشد؛ زیرا همانطوری که قبلا گفته شد کلیه نیروهای کششی در ساختمان بوسیله میلگردها تحمل می‌شود.
نکات مهم درباره آماتوربندی
از آماتور های زنگ زده و یا آغشته به روغن نباید استفاده گردد و در صورت وجود آلودگی باید ابتدا به پاکسازی آنها قبل از اجرا اقدام نماییم.
خاموت ها باید به وسیله ی سیم آماتور بندی به آماتور های طولی بسته شود در واقع به وسیله ی سیم آماتور بندی به تمام میلگرد های طولی مهار شوند.
تمام میلگرد ها باید توسط قیچی مخصوص بریده شوند و نباید میلگرد ها را توسط دستگاه هوا برش برید زیرا باعث میشود چند سانتی متر بریده شده با حرارت غیر قابل استفاده باشد.
دستگاه قیچی خم و برش آرماتور جهت اجرای فونداسیون ساختمان و اجرای سقف و طبقات و جهت راهسازی و پل سازی مورد استفاده قرار می گیرد
با استفاده از دستگاه قیچی خم و برش آرماتور در وقت و هزینه خود در قسمت های مختلف ساختمان صرفه جویی نمایید
از خم کردن آماتور در دمای پایین تر از پنج درجه سانتی کرد خودداری گردد و نباید آماتور ها را که خم کردیم باز و بسته کنیم برای خم کردن دوباره و شکل دادن مجدد و باید تمام میلگرد ها به صورت سرد و با دستگاه مکانیکی خم شوند.
Hi there. Are you still doing stickers. I am looking for two to put on my pushbike? About 30 cm by 3 cm.
Hi Andrew, Darren here from Kilcock. Would be intererted in looking at your Fastback if thats alright. I'm back from holidays this coming weekend so could give you a ring.
Thanks again, Darren 0864042248
A
andrew
Thanks Darren talk when you're back
Hey,
Do you still have the '60s window winders and the bag of door hinge screws ?how much for the pair posted ?
cheers
irishtrains2730
irishtrains2730
hi there
yep still have them.is €25 posted too much if so make me an offer.
cheers john
irishtrains2730
irishtrains2730
hi there.i'm in the process of trying to add a pic on the forum as when i took the pic i realised they are 2 different shades.1 is grey and the other is a beige colour.if ya still want them i'll do them all for 18 euro.
I
Ironman
Can you post the picture till I see them ?
Cheers.
Did you get the phoe number 0872575758?
riggsi
riggsi
Sorry Declan I got it just forgot to call you,I will give you a call early next week and arrange collection thanks.
i have a few roofracks from 50's to 80's for baywindow
L
lukemac
Cool send on some pics to tellimhesdreamin@gmail.com or 0868327850
Have to be in Banbridge for 10.15 am on Saturday morning:
Should be back in Dundalk for 12pm if that suits...??
Give me a ring if it works for you.
Cheers, Paul. 086 2618777
hey blzeedub,

Might be interested in these for spares... Just wondering..

Bit of a long shot but would you be interested in swapping for a known good 1.9tdi gearbox, would suit a T3 TDI swap.. ive had one on adverts since i broke my passat http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/passat-5-speed-gearbox/4792376

I was keeping it in case my current jx ever blew up but the spare engines migth make that option redundent.

I think we dealt before on a set of ex corrado alloys in the old days of vagdrivers ;)
im in clarecastle

Cheers,
barry
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply ill probably try get over sunday if not Ill try the next months one for sure.

Derek