Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Wtd - Westfalia roof vent cover

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
I'm looking for a roof vent cover for a tintop Westy like this:

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/4475162.jpg

They come up for sale on The Samba from time to time but they're in demand so not easy to spot in time even with auto notification set up.

If anyone has any leads as to where I'd get one in good condition I'd appreciate it (they all seem to crumble around the screw holes). I'd even consider a decent looking substitute to keep me going.

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'd say if you could borrow a good one or even repair a bad one Luke 3Nero could make a good copy of it for you.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
actually, I'll offer the vent off my westy as a pattern if you want to see if Luke will copy it. If not I know a chap who might...

DSCF1985Medium.jpg

Last edited:

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
actually, I'll offer the vent off my westy as a pattern if you want to see if Luke will copy it. If not I know a chap who might...

Cheers Trev - I'll PM Luke to kick things off and get back to you.

3nero

Club Member
Club Member
November 12, 2008
Co. Wicklow
Right......

DSC01939.jpg

how many do you need :p

Trev's original is bottom right
Bottom middle is beige/cream in colour and closest to how Trevs looks now. But inside Trev's is closer to pure white which is the colour of the other 4.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
he has a replicator, straight off the Starship Enterprise. He makes a killer Earl Grey, hot...

3nero

Club Member
Club Member
November 12, 2008
Co. Wicklow
fecking 3D printers.....hate them....more jobs replaced by machines :mad:

these are made old school style using the original to make a 2 part mould and then cast with a fast setting 2 part chemical resin.

they have 3D printers making 3D printers now, and printers that are large enough to print a real house in concrete, you can now download a pdf file for your printer and print out a pair of shoes in any size you want....Bye Bye factories, shops, construction workers and model makers. [/rant]

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
fecking 3D printers.....hate them....more jobs replaced by machines :mad:

these are made old school style using the original to make a 2 part mould and then cast with a fast setting 2 part chemical resin.

they have 3D printers making 3D printers now, and printers that are large enough to print a real house in concrete, you can now download a pdf file for your printer and print out a pair of shoes in any size you want....Bye Bye factories, shops, construction workers and model makers. [/rant]

very cool, both the old school bit and afraid to say, the 3D printer bit too :D
A share of our customers have 3D printers for medical device prototyping, witchcraftery so it is...