Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

WTD: Steering Clamp

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
Guys

I need a the clamp that goes between the steering box and the steering coupling. I can't get my one off the old steering box.

Let me know. Its small enough to post.

Thanks

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
blowtorch and a hammer and you'll have it right off...

You have undone the pinch bolt? It goes through a slot on the input shaft of the steering box and the "clamp" as you call it (can't think of a better name, mind ;) ) can't be removed from the input shaft as long as that bolt is present...

If you're still stuck I probably have one here. Let me know if you can't get it off...

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
i don't have a blow torch, did heat it with a heat gun until it was starting to turn red, it was as hot as the heat gun would get it, still no joy

if you have one trev i'd take it as it would save me time, let me know if you have and what you want for it. do you do paypal

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
jebus!! you got it red hot with a heat gun??? That should have been more than enough!!

I'll check for you now...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
this the part you need?

goes between the input shaft of the steering box and the rubber donut?

PM me your address, I'll put it in the post at lunchtime tomorrow.
No charge, you can get me back some other time :)

Attachments

• 2009-06-01 vw parts 004 (Small).jpg
    2009-06-01 vw parts 004 (Small).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 84

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
that came in yesterday, hope fully it will be going on the buggy tonight!!! trev you just earned yourself a drive!! I have a simple policy with the cars I build, unless you contribute to the car, you don't get to drive it!! there is your contribution!!