Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

WTD: Standard Disc Brake Spindles

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
Folks,

I have a little problem with rubbing at the front of the buggy which i need to fix before I give her a good trashing. Does anyone out there have a spare set of standard disc spindles doing nothing.

So any of our suppliers do me a good price on them

George

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
the dark haired chap set up beside Padraig at the swapmeet (didn't get his name) had two sets of beetle disk brakes for sale. Did anyone get his details or is he on here and I just haven't put the face and name together?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
oh, one other thing, when I had a rubbing issue on the bug I fitted an uprated anti-roll bar. Problem solved.

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
trev - there is no anti-roll bar on the buggy, makes the front too stiff, she is much lighter than a beetle

if anyone has his name it would be appreciated

411 guy

March 14, 2007
co clare
yeah it was me,i still have the two sets. e400 for the completely new set or e100 for the clapped out rusty rubbish.
the newish ones have new hoses,discs,bearings,seals,nuts,washers and caps, the stubs are original vw and the calipers were reconditioned by vw...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
411 guy, I didn't catch your name, should have asked you when I spoke to you. I was the baldy guy in the orange westy ;)

411 guy

March 14, 2007
co clare
the rusty spindles are in otherwise good condition,i only reffered to them as rusty rubbish because the newish set make them look so bad especialy when you compare the prices, the new pieces cost nearly the total price, but i dont mind ill sell either,,,