Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] wtd: genuine vw hubs for a 60 bug.

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
So the trip to Bristol then Somerset proved fruitful! My sister came back with a beautiful 1960 ceramic green bug (one year only colour), flip its a great first beetle for her, slightly envious with all the early features. It is a great original beetle with a few nice features: og vw stamped bumpers, vw stamped headlights, lovely og 1200cc driving sweet etc etc etc

Trying bit by bit to keep it original and stock - ok she is, it's not mine and I keep having to reminding myself that! LOL.

First off, would eventually like to replace the cheap repro peeling hubs with genuine. If anyone has a stash of og vw hubs that would fit a 60 bug appreciate a PM. They don't have to be mint, slightly tatty but og would be great.

trying to persuade her to drive down to Jumpstart in it.

Shaney mac

July 31, 2014
Co. meath
i have a set of chrome ones in very good condition that i picked up at the volksworld show last year. I was going to change back to orginal wheels from alloys but i've since changed my mind. U can have them for 80 euro if u are interested. That's what i paid for them. Cheers shane.
hub 1.jpg

oldspeedvws

Club Member
Club Member
January 22, 2007
Carrigaline, Co Cork
www.oldspeedvws.com
VW is actually re-making these hub caps their selves since a while through Volkswagen Classic Parts. So you can actually buy original new ones. Not cheap at all as they are over €100 a piece. I have a set on my split and they are excellent.

Don't even try to handpaint the logos on them, use these - http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=858763

Last edited: