Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] wiper mechanism motor arm

chewy356

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2012
Meath (Ashbourne direction)
stripped down the wipe mechanism to clean, paint, etc, and found the spline on the arm that goes onto the wiper motor is banjo'd. I know remember one night in the heavy rain when the wipers stoped working, and I guess that was when the damage was done...

Anyhow I need a new arm, if anyone has a bug for parts and would consider pulling it off.

thanks for looking.
20130718_223252_zps92e96711.jpg

20130718_223243_zpsb6250675.jpg

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
that spline doesn't look too bad. If the motor shaft was spinning on that crank arm it would be due to a resistance to movement at one of the two wiper arms, either the crank arms underneath or the blade itself. Have you checked how free-moving the two wiper spindles are? I reckon if you either get the two spindles moving freely or replace them with nice and free ones, that spline, once bolted down tight (it's a tapered spine so the more you tighten the nut, the more it engages) it'll be grand.

chewy356

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2012
Meath (Ashbourne direction)
pm me your address and i will pop one in the post
PM sent, thanks a million.

Trev, you are right, it would most likely be grand, but I reckon now is the time to replace anything that could be a bit dodgy rather than having to take it out and strip it down in a couple of years if it fails again - just being lazy and trying to avoid work down the line :) Good tip on the spindles thought, will give them a good doing over before putting it back together.