Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] wide rear wings+rear disk brakes

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
hi.i know there is probably a slim chance anyone has either of these knocking around,but just in case-
i'm looking for wide rear wings for a beetle-not ones that are flared on the outside,but on the inside.any condition considered.also a rear disk kit with 5*205 stud pattern-anything considered.
many thanks.
colm.087 3147920

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I sold a pair of fibreglass wider rear wings like you described to Derek Sheane of VWHeaven in Wicklow a few years back. It might be worth a shot to ask if he still has them.

alternatively, you could get a bit DIY with your steel wings:

Richard-Olafsson-131.jpg

2013-02-08-15.53.301.jpg

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
thanks Trev,i will try and contact Derek so-would you have a number for him by any chance?
i thought the 924 steel arms wouldn't be much wider than stock,but between that and the wider type3 hubs,i will need to go at least an inch wider-was thinking a disk kit or refitting the original hubs might help a lot tho.
thanks for the help..

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
oh, only an inch? the wings I traded with Derek were 4" oversize and bloody massive!!

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
its actually about two inches Trev.I think I might have found a set of 50mm ones-was told it is possible to narrow the trailing arms by an inch too.i don't know how yet.thanks for the help tho-the 4" ones might be a bit too big for me alright-cheers!