Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Wheel Swap

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Looking to swap a pair of 8x17 RH replica cup twists for a pair of 7x17 cups.I need 7s to fit under the front of the 03.I'd also consider a complete swap of my 8s for a set of 7s.They are chromies and have a few scratches and dings but are good condition overall.

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Johnny, I have a single 7Jx17 Boxster cup wheel like that if it's any use to you. Or you could take a lend of it to check the fitment while you wait for a set to pop up.

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Cheers Trev,I might get a lend if you don't mind.I'd be interested in those ball joints if you still have them/can find them too.Decided to go the whole hog

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
good man yerself!!! I'll root out the Kerscher balljoints from the loft. Let me know when you want to collect. I'll be gone for the weekend though so work around that...

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
I'm away for a break myself for a few days next week,so no panic.I haven't fitted the struts yet either so Ill get back to you when I get back.Cheers Trev

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
good man yerself!!! I'll root out the Kerscher balljoints from the loft. Let me know when you want to collect. I'll be gone for the weekend though so work around that...

Your loft sounds like mine trev 8) ..... And my dining room, and my spare bed room, and my garage, and my coal bunker... And on an on an on 8)

Last edited:

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
Johnny, do you know if these wheels would fit a T25?
I might be interested in them, But I have no 7s to swap.

If you find the wheels your after, give me a shout, I might take these ones off your hands.

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
They came off a T4,but I don't know if they fit T25s maybe someone knows,They have an et55 in porsche 5x130 pcd.

All irrelevent at the mo as they aren't actually for sale unless someone comes up with a cheapy set of 7s.

I'll keep you in mind if I decide to flog them.

brianm

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2010
Tipp
Don't know bout fitment but would be nice on a van alright. Something similar on westy
330281801_683j83451.jpg

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
You don't happen to have a pair of 7" or 8" wide 16" Fuchs knocking around there Padraig do you? My bug has 6" (I think) all around and it's a bit one dimensional looking for me. Would love 15"s all around but current a/c says "NO".

Sorry for the hijack!

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
You don't happen to have a pair of 7" or 8" wide 16" Fuchs knocking around there Padraig do you? My bug has 6" (I think) all around and it's a bit one dimensional looking for me. Would love 15"s all around but current a/c says "NO".

Sorry for the hijack!

Have one 7" and one 8" in 16"s, they would really give a 3d effect to your bug..! Have plenty of 15"s in all sizes, should probably start a thread for them as starting to get a bit out of hand...

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
you would need adapters to fit porsche wheels to a T25 and a T4 for that matter
T25 pcd is 5x112 and the porsche pcd is 5x130