Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

What's happening to this thread?

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
It seems like nobody is putting any posts on the form anymore. It's like a no Facebook no luck kinda thing going on. There are plenty of us out there that cannot use Facebook for one reason or another. so what is happening and are we beginning to forget where we all started from ?

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
Glad to see that there are some ships in the night out there on the sea of ether. Hope you get a good one tim. I am on a T3 cu bus project. If you know where a man can get hands on a pair of solex carbs for same cu engine you would have to greatful head's here

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
....I still check on here occasionally but like said above, it's very quiet in comparison to the heady days of forums before FB.
I haven't been on FB for 3 or 4 years, a tired looking, scattergun, low attention span, attention seekers online rolling billboard, an online monument to the lazyness and mental loafing of our times...

FB has effected everything _even donedeal- I recently asked a relative where he got his new to him 8 ye old car _answer FB marketplace- this chap in his older years, not huge on the internet, told me the ad was short, like the buy n sell, the car had a good few faults like leaking power steering fluid that the seller refused to acknowledge...
...he bought the car anyways, as he needed one for work quick, and he reasoned he could sell it on again quick using the same format, when he desired ”tis so quick n updates all the time FB”

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Most forums seem to have got quiet due to Facebook, just up to people to post as much as possible and hope it encourages others to do the same. I don’t do Facebook either so am just on a couple of forums still.

Reactions: biddlebop and NoahR

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
That's what keeps me off Facebook

Attachments

• IMG_20230130_105643.jpg
    IMG_20230130_105643.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 102
Reactions: NoahR and Tim

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I’ve been trying on keeping the forum alive and it was alive recently but goes radio silent over the winter months. With the longer days and shows coming back I feel as if it might be back soon. Is the squareback original Irish Tim?
Apparently so, but I.ll confirm it when i see it.

• Wow
Reactions: NoahR

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Glad to see that there are some ships in the night out there on the sea of ether. Hope you get a good one tim. I am on a T3 cu bus project. If you know where a man can get hands on a pair of solex carbs for same cu engine you would have to greatful head's here
Do you know what solexes you are looking for. I cant remember what was fitted to the CU engine. Not sure what i have in the stash

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Come on lads, you've been around long enough to know that any forum is only as good as the content the members post in it. Instead complaining about how quiet it is, do something to make some noise!

The idea of not posting something here because it goes unnoticed is misplaced I think. I don't post here for the likes, the attention, whatever. I post here because this is my club, I post here to share what I'm doing on my projects with my fellow members. I use Facebook to look in on groups but I don't post any project updates on FB at all. I use Instagram but only put up one photo every couple of weeks. Usually I'll repost that same photo here but I'll include with it half a dozen more and a bit of an explanation to expand on what I'm doing. Basically i save the good shit for here.
I hope you guys enjoy what I'm posting but honestly I'm OK if you do or don't, I'll keep on doing it anyway, for my own satisfaction.

So get your asses in gear, MAKE the forum better yourself instead of waiting for someone to make it better for you. You have the power!

BTW, fair play to Noah for almost singlehandedly keeping the forum going. The forum and the club would be all the poorer without you.

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
Thanks Trev for getting back to us on this, and I am glad that you are saying that. The content on the other threads is fine. It's the trading post is the one that seems to be not as posted on as much as it used to. If you or someone could put up a link like the (bargains on done deal sticky). For the Facebook it would be greatly appreciated. As you rightly said it's the members who make the form . As it's the input that is required. And I do regularly read this from as do other members. We are after all in the same club,I hope that you agree.

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Come on lads, you've been around long enough to know that any forum is only as good as the content the members post in it. Instead complaining about how quiet it is, do something to make some noise!

The idea of not posting something here because it goes unnoticed is misplaced I think. I don't post here for the likes, the attention, whatever. I post here because this is my club, I post here to share what I'm doing on my projects with my fellow members. I use Facebook to look in on groups but I don't post any project updates on FB at all. I use Instagram but only put up one photo every couple of weeks. Usually I'll repost that same photo here but I'll include with it half a dozen more and a bit of an explanation to expand on what I'm doing. Basically i save the good shit for here.
I hope you guys enjoy what I'm posting but honestly I'm OK if you do or don't, I'll keep on doing it anyway, for my own satisfaction.

So get your asses in gear, MAKE the forum better yourself instead of waiting for someone to make it better for you. You have the power!

BTW, fair play to Noah for almost singlehandedly keeping the forum going. The forum and the club would be all the poorer without you.
Harrumph!
Well said Trev

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com
Thanks @trev and @biddlebop. This forum is probably around longer than me. I can remember my dad and my uncle showing me pictures of people projects on the forum. One of the first one’s I can remember was @wackerwacker ’s airbus. I post what I see on DoneDeal in the “bargains in DoneDeal” section. I also like posting in the “spotted” section and seeing what other people spot day to day. I love jumping on the forum and see it buzzing with activity. I try keep the meeting room up to date with shows and meets.

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
Well done man and fair play to you for keeping the form running along with trev. I just remembered the sad demise of the type 2 from I used to be on until it just stopped one day. And I hope that it doesn't happen here.

Reactions: NoahR