Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Welder for sale €100

beetlejuice66

August 22, 2009
portlaoise
attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG0918.jpg
    CIMG0918.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 61

beetlejuice66

August 22, 2009
portlaoise
good question it works the same as a mig welder the wire is fed up through the line to the hand trigger you have to use flux core wire (halfords have it) thats what makes it different the flux does the job which the co2 would do

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
the flux melts creating a gas shroud to protect the weld pool from contamination.

Every so often ALDI do the wire too, way cheaper than Halfords. It's worth stocking up on it when they do.

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Thanks Brendan, hopefully I'll be able to put it to some good use.:thanks:

Darragh, if I'll ever be moving it on again for any reason, I'll give you first dibs on it, if you still need one at that stage.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
call into your local ALDI, the wire was on sale about 2 months ago and there might still be a few boxes of it left. I picked up one box (two 450g rolls) of gasless wire in ALDI Carlow for €9 there this week. It was the last one they had and it was reduced to clear.

Halfords sell one 450g spool of gasless wire for €22, ALDI sell a box of two 450g spools for €16 and they clear the last few boxes at €9. It's cheap even at full price at ALDI...

darragh

Club Member
Club Member
July 2, 2007
Co. kildare
dont buy anything in halfords with out a trade card ,
even then the pricing is ??????wtf?????? really its just a bulb ,your lucky its sunday

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
they won't give you a trade card unless you can prove your credentials. The AXA card gives you 15% which is marginally better than the crazy full prices...

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
call into your local ALDI, the wire was on sale about 2 months ago and there might still be a few boxes of it left. I picked up one box (two 450g rolls) of gasless wire in ALDI Carlow for €9 there this week. It was the last one they had and it was reduced to clear.

Halfords sell one 450g spool of gasless wire for €22, ALDI sell a box of two 450g spools for €16 and they clear the last few boxes at €9. It's cheap even at full price at ALDI...

Cheers Trev, I'll be on a mission tomorrow to see what's on offer in the local. I'll have to pick up a welding mask too, any ideas? Now all I have to do is figure how to turn the welder on and I'm sorted...