Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Wanted: Type1 twinport -> type4 engine bay tinware

Brian T

Club Member
Club Member
November 21, 2007
Cork-a-doodle-doo baaaaai
I've replaced the type4 with a twinport engine in the bay:D. Engine bay is the larger type 4 opening, im looking for the conversion tinware to allow me to seal the twinport properly. Before I start making something up from sheet if anyone has the above for sale or swap
Cheers
Brian

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie
As far as I know there's no difference in the size of the engine bay....... you should be ok with the type1 tin-ware, I've done a few Type1 to Type4 swaps and the other way round and the stock tin-ware has always fitted for me.............

Brian T

Club Member
Club Member
November 21, 2007
Cork-a-doodle-doo baaaaai
Hmm, i must be an exception so! Engine in and theres almost a foot of clearance between the pulley tin and the back of the engine bay.... A serious gap all round such that running it as is will most definately mean all the exhaust gases will rise back into the engine bay.....

this thread on T2i shows the tinware I'm after. 1st 3 pics. http://type2ireland.org/forum/index.php?topic=3236.0 my tin stops at the elliptical coach line around the pulley on the 1st pic.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I think Brian has type 1 tinware in a bus. There is stock VW tinware available to "bridge the gap". Have you tried Krazy Kombis, Jon White or Ben Byrne?