Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

wanted :porsche steel/spare wheel

mintman

Club Member
Club Member
December 23, 2009
meath
looking for wheel to use as spare 5 x130 stud pattern,
or cheap set of wheels ,
was after porsche cookie cutters for 150 on donedeal but they sold,doh!

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Is it just one your looking for? I might have a 6th wheel for 5 X 130. Although its not a Porsche, a VW.

mintman

Club Member
Club Member
December 23, 2009
meath
yeah just looking for a spare, the one in my car is standard vw,and i got a puncture the other day!

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Is it just one your looking for? I might have a 6th wheel for 5 X 130. Although its not a Porsche, a VW.

VW (Beetles) have a 4 x 130mm PCD, Porsche is 5 x 130mm as you mentioned.

I've a single 16" Fuch that might be of use? I also have a single 15" replica Fuch but Liam has first shout on that one.

mintman

Club Member
Club Member
December 23, 2009
meath
VW (Beetles) have a 4 x 130mm PCD, Porsche is 5 x 130mm as you mentioned.

I've a single 16" Fuch that might be of use? I also have a single 15" replica Fuch but Liam has first shout on that one.

thanks i think the 15" would suit better,so ill wait and see what happens,cheers

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
My ghia is porsche fitment 5 x 130, i'm looking for a set of wheels to stick on it while i'm restoring it, what other easily available wheels (that i'm likely to find in the local scrap yard) are 5 x 130?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
just for garage wheels yeah? I'd say they'd be way too heavy to use as road wheels.

oh, petrol engined VW tuaregs share the stud pattern of the Porsche Cayenne, which is the normal 5x130 pattern. I'd say you'd have trouble getting them on though.

It might be less hassle in the end to take off the calipers, wind back the rear shoes and swap in some beetle 4 stud drums and use some boggo beetle steel wheels for rolling around the garage. If you don't have spare hubs/wheels I can help you out there. If you want a loan that's fine...

Last edited:

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
just for garage wheels yeah? ...

... If you don't have spare hubs/wheels I can help you out there. If you want a loan that's fine...

Ya, just for the garage .....

Cheers for the offer Trev!

I've put a pair of ghia steels on the rear as they are the original vw hubs drilled for porsche fitment, if i don't pick up something handy (i.e. free) i'll probably just drill out a set of beetle wheels to fit while i'm getting the fuchs detailed/refurb'd.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois

I've put a pair of ghia steels on the rear as they are the original vw hubs drilled for porsche fitment, if i don't pick up something handy (i.e. free) i'll probably just drill out a set of beetle wheels to fit while i'm getting the fuchs detailed/refurb'd.

undoing the centre hub nut and sliding off the disk to slide on a 4 stud beetle drum woudl take 10 minutes each side and you wouldn't ruin a pair of wheels. It seems the quickest, simplest solution for garage wheels to me... As I said, I have drums and wheels here you can take a lend of for free if you like :)

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway

Are they not the same in the front, i.e. VW pattern re-drilled to 5 x 130mm?

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Are they not the same in the front, i.e. VW pattern re-drilled to 5 x 130mm?

No!, previous owner kindly fitted these!

Attachments

• DSCN1686..JPG
    DSCN1686..JPG
    359.3 KB · Views: 67

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
oh yeah, forgot :D
...jeez, what muppet paints their calipers red...

I'd be pretty sure they are 4 x 130 discs underneath the spacer. If you took the spacer off and removed the studs you'd have the beetle pattern...I think...