Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

WANTED - Old Rotten Bug

john_aero

November 7, 2023
Just putting feelers out for 2nd project to run beside my other projects with my son. Purists better close their eyes

Seen few in past however didn't have space to work on them

also few rust buckets which would suit but done need 50% of the car so if can save money I will

Essentially I was looking for a rolling chassis with steering wheel.

DONT NEED:

Body or any associated glass
Pans can be rotten as I will be replacing them with something else

DO NEED:

Running gear, engine, trans suspension,
Have a spare 1300 swing axle trans so even an engine on its own would work too
wiring loom be nice
Log book

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
If you come across a complete but rotten Beetle in your search ; say one with the usual 10inches of rot n frillyness all the way round, but half decent otherwise, I'd take the body for another 'purists worrying themselves into an early grave ' project I have in my head ....
...to complete the circle.

john_aero

November 7, 2023
I saw that one alright - Where are you based?
i am in west limerick, so its close enough to me, however i get feeling lad has zero interest in moving on price.

have a chassi with log book from lad up country however when add in costs running gear costs go up

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
Is it the same fella in Kilmallock? I never really looked at that blue beetle as, as you said it was pricey enough for a rusty beetle needing everything.
Not sure what you have in mind for a build but I have a couple of solid front beams, for a bit of horse trading on a body later down the line...

Reactions: john_aero

john_aero

November 7, 2023
Is it the same fella in Kilmallock? I never really looked at that blue beetle as, as you said it was pricey enough for a rusty beetle needing everything.
Not sure what you have in mind for a build but I have a couple of solid front beams, for a bit of horse trading on a body later down the line...

Might go have look and see blue one and try get better deal on it.

if i do go ill take pics of rust areas for you too