Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Wanted Late Type 3 Front hood emblem.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I am in need of a front hood VW emblem for my late 72 Fastback which seems to have gone missing since the resto unfortunately.
Thanks, Tim

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Willing to trade Type 2 new wheel bearings or rear light clusters for the emblem, thanks. Waiting time for a new part from Vw Heritage is 3 months+, so I am not going to wait that long if I can help it.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
It definitely looks bare with out the emblem,

DSCF4772.JPG
DSCF4773.JPG

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Hey Mariner, thanks for the headsup on that. I dont know how I missed out checking Werke34 considering I bought some 67 Squareback panels from them last year. Anyway I owe you, call in if you are ever in the kilbeggan area;)

Mariner

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2020
Arklow
You’re welcom, Tim.
I probably spend too much time surfing the supplier sites.
YourFastback looks ace 👍

Reactions: Tim

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Thanks.
Considering it was a complete basket case when I got, and the fact that I couldn't find anyone crazy enough to take it on meant I got stuck with it. And 2 damaged shoulders 6 years ago, and a heart attack 6 months ago meant it dragged on longer than it should have. But its mechanically good now, and respectable enough for me to drive it now instead of more work on it.

I should have thought of Werke34 as i bought some panels for the 67 Variant i have to do

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Yeah grand thanks. I was smart enough to move when I felt something different, and got to the hospital before any damage was done to the old ticker. Two operations later and six stints fitted, so firing on all 4 now again. Doc said my pump was 100%, it just had blocked fuel lines to it, so he fixed that and jobs a good un:)

Reactions: Coxy

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Definitely on the mend Rez thanks. I' just back from a 6 k cycle so its all good. Like I said to Coxy there was no heart damage at all because I went to A&E immediately, and the Doc said that was the best thing to do, but most wait until the big hit and the damage is done then. So I am like a rolling resto, all the important business done, and just the little bits to take care of:)

Reactions: Rez and NoahR

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Bit of a shock Trev, But I am well over it. I was getting the fastback ready for a quick spin on a saturday morning, but had a funny feeling in the chest, no pain but a slight discomefort and knew something was off. So having a brother and dad that had a heart attack, I thought it wise to get to the hospital. Doc told me i had a heart attack, I said fek off I dont believe you.They sent me 2 days later to Dublin for 3 stints in the front of the heart artery, and back for 3 more in the back of the heart 2 months later. That was 6 months ago and I feel great and back to working on the cars, so its all good thanks for asking

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I,ve been messing around with some vinyl wrapping just to see what its like.And its easily removable if I dont like it.

Attachments

• DSCF4793.JPG
    DSCF4793.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCF4791.JPG
    DSCF4791.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF4792.JPG
    DSCF4792.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF4788.JPG
    DSCF4788.JPG