Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

wanted bay window engine

dillontobin

September 17, 2009
cork
it would be ok if wasnt going to drive that much but im going to use it as my every day car/bus and take the mini off the road.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
was thinking of that but i might as well be pushing it every were because its a 1200cc its that bit to small.

Half the country,s deliveries were made in early 1200 transporters. I didn,t realise you want to race it:ROFLMAO:
A low mileage 1200 engine , would be more reliable than a high mileage 1600 bay engine. But hey, thats your call, I thought it would get you out of a hole.

tim

dillontobin

September 17, 2009
cork
im not in a big rush for the engine just thought id get it soon rather then later because i normally leave stuff like that till the last minute

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
best of luck with it, I'll be watching closely. Make sure to keep a photo record/build thread here...

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Just a thought Dillont, but if you have a low mileage beetle engine with only 38k, why dont you pop that into the bay.

tim

So does that mean you are not buying the engine Tim? If not, let me know as I was next in line for it. Tks!

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
So does that mean you are not buying the engine Tim? If not, let me know as I was next in line for it. Tks!

No it doesn,t mean that. It means that I,m such a big hearted guy, I iwouldn,t like to se dillont in a pickle for a good engine. So if he needed to keep it for himself , I wouldn,t have a problem with that. Otherwse its mine I tell you ....all mine......my precious :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tim

Is this what you are looking for dillont.
Only 700 ever made. Best bike that ever came out of the velocette stable was the Venom.

Attachments

• Viceroy_engine,sectioned_1.jpg
    Viceroy_engine,sectioned_1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 81

dillontobin

September 17, 2009
cork
re

re

No it doesn,t mean that. It means that I,m such a big hearted guy, I iwouldn,t like to se dillont in a pickle for a good engine. So if he needed to keep it for himself , I wouldn,t have a problem with that. Otherwse its mine I tell you ....all mine......my precious :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tim

Is this what you are looking for dillont.
Only 700 ever made. Best bike that ever came out of the velocette stable was the Venom.

yup thats the engine im looking for... and any idea when your going to get the engine

Last edited:

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland

tim

:ROFLMAO:...just checking. I was ready to jump in the car! ;)