Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] Volkswagen Vintage/Classic Van Wanted For Shoot

SamSlater

May 9, 2015
Ireland
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a volkswagen vintage van(preferably colourful!) to feature in an upcoming videoshoot for one of our bands at our music company, so if anyone knows someone who would like their baby to be "featured" or credited in a music video, please get in touch!

I'm also in contact with traditional VW rental companies but shoot is on a tight budget, so I'm looking in this direction too. Also, shoot is in Leinster.

Thanks a million :)
Samantha

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Why is the budget always tight for this type of thing?..! Best of luck finding something, some great vans to chose from on here.

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie
Here's a list of t companies in case you've missed any http://www.eircooled.com/deforum/showthread.php?13207-VW-Wedding-hire

Lazydog above also runs one and is very competitive and always respects a tight budget.

budgies.jpg

Budgies.........!! Tight Budgies.......... not Budget.........!!!

SamSlater

May 9, 2015
Ireland
Thanks so much for the replies guys :D It's mad hard trying to find it on a budget, if any other owners wanna get in touch, just PM me and any other suggestions would be so welcome... oh and Lazy Dog, I'mma PM you :)

Tony

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2012
Arklow
Thanks so much for the replies guys :D It's mad hard trying to find it on a budget, if any other owners wanna get in touch, just PM me and any other suggestions would be so welcome... oh and Lazy Dog, I'mma PM you :)

Samantha you will find it difficult to get anyone to part with there pride and joy that isn't already in the rental business. There are people on here and other VW sites every week looking to borrow a bus for video shoot/ debs wedding etc. Always a limited to non existent budget. What people don't seem to realize is that we spend thousands of euro and all of our time working on these old buses. The thoughts of someone who doesn't know how to respect a 40 year old car driving it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
You might be lucky and find someone that will drive it for you to the shoot ,location if you provide location and date and what you think is a fare payment.

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
A short story
A member on here with a bay ambulance agreed to take part in a TV program. A fee was agreed and was for a charity that one of his children was raising money in school. The van was polished within an inch of it's life and driven to Cork from Dublin to take part in the show. The shoot took most of the day and the bride was horrified at the thoughts of going to the church in an ambulance. Member then drove back to Dublin.
After several requests for payment produced not a cent. A threat was then made to contact RTE to refuse permission to allow the bus to be shown on the program.This,begrudginly, produced a check.
The moral of the story is.
Why would anyone bother...

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie
oh and Lazy Dog, I'mma PM you :)

Got your pm.........

Apologies for the delay in replying but there has been some problematic calving down here on the farm and I've been shoulders deep in heifer frou-frou....... yuck!!
Don't mind the lads on here, they think I'm an easy target because of my farming background and don't reckon I be as bright as they be, but it's all a bit of banter and I don't mind as long as they have really good crack.......... :D Besides, I think there is a bit of jealousy involved 'cos this is my wagon.........!!!
splitty off-road.jpg

It's a great old bus and I got equal 8th at the 2013 National Ploughing Championships with it, that caused a bit of a stir let me tell you!! I was doing even better in 2014 but I tore the back axle out of it on my final run, I'm pretty sure it was somehow sabotaged 'cos it's not a proper tractor, so it's in the process of being rebuilt and I'm leaning towards this look, mostly 'cos it's virtually indestructable, ain't no-one gonna sabotage that easily..... eh..eh......?
snow cat.jpg
Anyway, I've got some more calves to pull...........

Don't know if this suits what you had in mind or not.......??