Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

vintage meet Sunday 19th November

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
how will you manage that?

Will leave the green beetle and orange camper up there in the morning and go home again...and then travel up in the black beetle and karmann thingy....got to have a good eircooled section :wink:

We don't want to stand on anyone's toes from the vintage club so we will have to be careful and respect them :) Be careful who we talk to about eircooled :lol:

Good for you Hugh - don't forget to bring Ellie to meet her friends 8) :lol: [/quote]

Tom

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
athy
took 2 bugs and the bay and kg. :blackbeetle: :greenbeetle: :T25:

ruairi took his bay and hugh took his bug

there were 3 other bugs too :redbeetle: :bluebeetle: :whitebeetle:

went for a drive with 25 other classic cars and ended up in a nice place for lunch :)

left camera in house :lol: #-o

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
What a wet day :evil: ...the rain didn't et up much all day :cry:

Despite this, we had a grand day :)

Forgot the camera and hadn't time to go back for it...was dark when we got back to base :)

It was great to see all the eircooled cars and busses together...a nice drive and a few stops off at pre-arranged places and then into Ballymote for lunch....the kids enjoyed it too....rounded off by jelly and ice-cream and of course the chocolate sprinkles as requested :roll:

One guy went along in his polo saying he wouldn't take the beetle out on such a wet day :) these cars really are precious :)

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Claire said:
One guy went along in his polo saying he wouldn't take the beetle out on such a wet day

God almighty! These cars were aircooled to cope with harsh german winters so they wouldnt freeze! A bit of rain over here is hardly reason enough to leave it at home! First time I drove my bay, and in fact any bay, there was sleet and hail, thunder and lightning and serious wind. I still managed!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I have two or three - will stick them up tonight - it was just too shaggin wet for the camera. I was blown clean onto th wrong side of the N17 on my way home last night. My heart stopped for at least two minutes. It was my own fault - dropped my concentration for all of 1.33 seconds and nearly killed myself and the babby. Ah the joy of it all. The winds were definitely gale force after dark yesterday. It was a very enjoyable day all the same - a lovely drive and a nice meal.

S

Suze

We took some pics of the Pop Rivet Racer in Kilkee yesterday.....while trying not to get blown into the Atlantic. Terrible weather conditions for driving. Luckily we all made it back to Kerry safe.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I only got two and they are not worth the effort!! Sorry :-(

Claire - throw up a few pics of your back yard there - that was pretty much what was at this meet (of interest anyways) :)

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Ruairi said:
I only got two and they are not worth the effort!! Sorry :-(

Claire - throw up a few pics of your back yard there - that was pretty much what was at this meet (of interest anyways) :)

OurKarmannGhia003.jpg

brendansbug.jpg

baytoday001.jpg

beetlegrass004.jpg