Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Type 4 engine and parts, Alt stand

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
Hi All.

Am tryin' to clear out the shed. Iv'e been tryin to get it started for a long time
but the shed heads thread has given me a bit more motivation.

I've a type 4 engine and parts which i was planning to build up for the beetle,
but to be honest I don't have the skills to get it done.

Here's some of the bits of her up for grabs.

091108_110039.jpg

The engine block, I've nicked the carbs for my other engine. I haven't heard this engine running and it has been laid up for a good while, It would be a good start if someone wanted to build a large engine though. can't remember the engine code, I'll try to get it up soon.

091108_110501.jpg

Aluminium fan housing, for the T4 engine...

091108_110520.jpg

Heat exchangers in good condition,

Engine support bar, Rubbers are wrecked.

The exhaust, the muffler is in the shed somewhere aswell, I'll dig it out when i'm there again.

091108_110712.jpg

The alternator for the T4 engine,

Alternator stand for a T1 engine, I bought this and it turned out to be the
wrong one for my alternator.

Is anything here worth anything to anyone??

Collection would suit me best.
I wouldn't be keen on delivering but may be able to run some of the stuff
out the road a wee bit ;).

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I wouldn't mind the bracket with the slot in it for the alternator. Mine's hanging on by a thread!! And the oil cooler and rear support bar too if possible. How much you want for them?

oh, do you have the gauge with the timing marks in it that fits on over the pulley/fan?

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
Yep no bother,
Alternator bracket
Oil cooler
Rear support bar are yours, I'll have to check if the gauge is still about,
I remember it being there but don't know if its still around.

RE. how much.. Just make it worth my while going up there and unbolting the bits and they're yours.

How do you want them got to yours place?

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Ahrrgh... I just bought a new LHS heatexchanger a couple of months ago just to keep the exhaust on! Cost me a bloody fortune. I might take the right hand one off you. What's the muffler like?

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
Trev.. Is that wee gauge your looking for a black plastic one with VOR and NACH written on it and numbers going from 40-0-16? Iv'e got it here.

Kongo, The muffler is Bugpack, looks good but as i said i never saw or heard it running. The Flange has been Rewelded on at a different angle by a previous owner. I'll try an' get a photo up later on today.
Heat exhanger is yours too. ;)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
colin, the gauge thing is a crescent shaped thing. I think what you've described is the one. Mine was painted white with black printed numbers but they've all worn away. Yours should do fine :)

I might see if I can take a spin up to you the weekend after next if that suits. I might be able to get the rest of the bits back as far as Stradbally for the other more Southern buyers. Unless anyone else has a better idea?

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
Weekend after next.. Is that the 21st?? I'll be away all that weekend
unfortunately (Graduation). However, the weekend after that, 28th, i'll be
down in Ballinahown outside Athlone so I could call over to you and drop the few bits off??

Here's the photos of the muffler and the engine code for anyone interested.

091108_192516.jpg

091108_192558.jpg

091108_193353.jpg

Meant to say.. I also have the tinware which came off the engine, If anyone is interested.

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Athlone meetup is fine, nothing planned for that weekend. I can take the stuff for Crazylegs too...

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
Trev.
Athlone is perfect for me. Have you a number so I can contact you closer to the time. PM me.

Cheers for offering to run the stuff for Crazy..

CrazyL, I'm waiting on word back about the engine from someone else who was in before you and on hugo about the heat exchangers, will keep you updated.