Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Type 3 Squareback for sale.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Its none of mine, one of which is still in the A&E by the way.
I was contacted this week by a chap who currently has a type 3 for sale on donedeal. He is keen to sell the car complete but so far he has only been approached by a few who would like to buy parts only, and he doesn't want to break it yet.
He has dropped his price by a 1000 euro to try to encourage a sale. Its not something that I am interested in as I am already knee deep into my own squareback. And any of you out there that owns one of these, you know what I mean.

The thing that puts people off from restoring these, is the total lack of parts either new, or NOS. Which there are n't many. The dearest replacement panel is the front inner bulkhead panels which are no longer made, and not easily got NOS either. If you can get them, you are looking at near 1000 euro each side, thats what I have found. If they need replacing, then you will have to make them as I did which can be done but awkward and labour intensive.Worst case scenario you might have to do this to both sides.

The chap would probably make some money on parts if he breaks it, as the body needs a good bit of rust removal and new metal welded in. But he wants to sell it whole if he can. So if it interest you send me a pm and i'll send you his details. His asking has dropped to 4500 euros. Personally I think it needs to be a lot lower.
Tim

Attachments

• DSCF5252.JPG
    DSCF5252.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
  • DSCF5309.JPG
    DSCF5309.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 92
  • DSCF5323.JPG
    DSCF5323.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
  • DSCF5494.JPG