Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Torsion arms needed

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
After my brief encounter with a large kerb in the ice last week I'm looking for a few parts to get things back on track again. It's not badly bent, it still drives fine but the wheel is pushed in at the bottom.

All parts are for a '74 1300 Beetle.

Upper LHS torsion arm (ideally with decent ball joint)
Lower LHS torsion arm (ideally with decent ball joint)
anti roll bar
LHS tie rod and tie rod end
and any other parts that would normally go with these bits of kit i.e bushes & rubbers etc.
5,6,7,8 & 9 in the diagram too I guess.

Also, any feedback on what kind of job replacing the torsion arms is, would be great, cheers.

Attachments

• P18-1.jpg
    P18-1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I have an anti-roll bar if it's any use to you. FOC :)

replacing the arms isn't crazy difficult. Splitting the balljoints is the hardest part. After that it's just nuts and bolts.

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
I have an anti-roll bar if it's any use to you. FOC :)

Great... Cheers man, I owe you one. Depending on how soon I can gather all the other parts I might swing down for it or we could work it out at the midlands meet.

replacing the arms isn't crazy difficult. Splitting the balljoints is the hardest part. After that it's just nuts and bolts. :)

That's good to know.

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I swapped all four arms with George for some other bits. He might have the old ones he took off his?

I do have a complete rolling chassis here with everything you need on it but it might be more than you want to spend, I don't want to break it. €200 for the chassis inc. gearbox, axles, brakes, wheels etc and then you can sell off the bits you don't need and make some money back?

(I have an offer on it/kinda provisionally sold for the last couple of months but yer man's been taking his time about collecting)

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Might be a good idea Trev. I've priced up all the parts I need brand new and it comes to over €200 before postage from England. I haven't talked to Jon White yet but it'll probably come to something similar. How are the bushes/ball joints on the chassis?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'll check for you when the snow stops. Yer man might still buy the remainder from you once you've taken the bits you need. If you're interested I'll put you in contact with him.