Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

thing to hold back door open

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
537268.jpg

265133.jpg

Bent coat hanger looking yoke on the right side.

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/typ...gine-lid-parts/engine-lid-support-spring.html

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/typ...e-lid-parts/engine-lid-nylon-guide-block.html

and finally...

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/typ...ls/engine-lid-parts/tailgate-stay-roller.html

dazza

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Ballymoney Co.Antrim
no dude

sorry i didnt explain very well.

its not the engine lid, it s the back door

the item in question is a small strip of metal which you use to join the two halves of the locking mechanism, it allows you to leave your back door open a few inches and lock it.

dazza

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Ballymoney Co.Antrim
i thikk the idea is that you get a bit of extra natural air con when you are parked / and its secure

Honest answer, i dont know why?

I remember Cuhullain had one, and Fancybug asked me to order one for him along with my stuff

but i cant find it

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Creative do tailgate safaris, not cheap.

Westy louvred windows do the same job nicely IMO.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I know the thing dazza is talking about. It's a little metal doobrie that slots onto the receiver for the rear hatch (not engine lid) and has another protrusion that the latch in the hatch itself catches onto. By fitting it, you can lock the hatch in the open position (only a couple of inches open, mind) and it allows additional ventilation to the inside while sleeping without compromising on security too much. I had thought of making one for my van, it's on my to-do list ;)

I think they're a custom job, I haven't seen any for sale anywhere...

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
From the €2 shop here in bray :eek:

I bet auto and trailer parts on the quinsboro road do the same thing. Thats the best shop ever. They have something for everyone.

For the little thingy to keep the tailgate open, I think bluebird customs had something. I cant remember their website address now though.

3nero

Club Member
Club Member
November 12, 2008
Co. Wicklow
I bet auto and trailer parts on the quinsboro road do the same thing. Thats the best shop ever. They have something for everyone.

For the little thingy to keep the tailgate open, I think bluebird customs had something. I cant remember their website address now though.

jaysus...

anytime i go in there he has feck all for me :aggressive:

all i ever hear is "..we used to sell those....."

pat renolds was good for bits but he's gone years.

i went looking for a bit of brake pipe today, nowhere in bray sells brake pipes.

I hate my town

Last edited:

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Dont forget there's ashgrove interparts on the Vevay road. I'd be surprised if they didnt have brake line. Yeah Pat Reynolds was good. Didnt I see a new motor factors is open there now though? Anyway, DUn Laoghaire isnt far. There you have J&S, Ashgroves main place and the scrappy on the pier there (southside autoparts).

Your man in Auto and trailer parts can usually get something if he doesnt have it. I suppose he's just stocking for demand and doesnt carry the stuff for older cars anymore. Its a good place to get the odd tool, service parts and car polishes, and I remember it was a cheap place to buy batteries too.

dazza

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Ballymoney Co.Antrim
I know the thing dazza is talking about. It's a little metal doobrie that slots onto the receiver for the rear hatch (not engine lid) and has another protrusion that the latch in the hatch itself catches onto. By fitting it, you can lock the hatch in the open position (only a couple of inches open, mind) and it allows additional ventilation to the inside while sleeping without compromising on security too much. I had thought of making one for my van, it's on my to-do list ;)

I think they're a custom job, I haven't seen any for sale anywhere...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats the MOFO im talking about.......but it turns out it wasnt one of these anyway LOL it was something completely different!!!:rroulette: