Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] T25 Rear Side Window Inner Seal

kaos

September 7, 2011
Cork
Hi,
I'm finally getting around to tidying up the interior of my van (Type 25) and was looking fo something to fill the gap around the inside of the rear side window.

This item on Ebay seems to be the solution. The trim pushes on to the metal ridge and the soft rubber seals the gap.

Does anyone have one of these for sale? Or a suitable alternative?

Thanks,

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
just looks to be the same as a door seal on some older type cars such as minis.
im sure a stroll around a scrapyard that has older type cars would turn up something
(if theres any old scrapyards left)

kaos

September 7, 2011
Cork
just looks to be the same as a door seal on some older type cars such as minis.
im sure a stroll around a scrapyard that has older type cars would turn up something
(if theres any old scrapyards left)

Cheers for that. I was at a scrapyard recently and was told that for health & safety reasons members of the public were not allowed access to the area where the scrap is processed/stored. Pretty annoying really as the guys who work there seem to have very little knowledge or interest in cars. It seemed to me that unless I was able to give them a specific part number that they could look up in the computer, they couldn't offer much help. *not very impressed*

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
it is only one seal (you can see 2 in the picture because the slideing door is open and you can see the inner seal on that through the rear window )
the seal is fitted around the edge of the inner window frame on a cut panel van .that type of seal was used as door seals on alot of older type cars
i did check a mini that i have here but the seal was in bad condition . i will have a look in my sheds as i am sure i have some somewhere .

G

looks a lot like a mk1 golf item, only don`t think the golf part has a soft rubber seal. might be able to fabricate something up though

kaos

September 7, 2011
Cork
That appears to show 2 seperate seals not one. Can you post a pic of where you need to place the gasket, I may have something.

Hi Tim,

As loadsabusses says it's just the one seal...the picture I posted is a bit misleading. I'll see if I can post a pic of where I need to put the gasket later.
Thanks for your help.
K

kaos

September 7, 2011
Cork
it is only one seal (you can see 2 in the picture because the slideing door is open and you can see the inner seal on that through the rear window )
the seal is fitted around the edge of the inner window frame on a cut panel van .that type of seal was used as door seals on alot of older type cars
i did check a mini that i have here but the seal was in bad condition . i will have a look in my sheds as i am sure i have some somewhere .

Thanks for that loadsabusses.
BTW, the rubber walkthrough mats I picked up at your place in July were spot on. Not sure if I got back to you at the time to let you know *oops*

kaos

September 7, 2011
Cork
... i will have a look in my sheds as i am sure i have some somewhere .

Hi John,
While you're looking through your sheds could you also check if you by any chance have a set of the rubbers that covers the front wheel arches and seat sides? Mine are fairly ripped up.
And Finally...I also need a replacement windscreen washer "bottle" if anyone out there has one.

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
hi Kaos . i was away for a few days so didnt get a chance to look for the rubber seals but i do know that i have wind screen washer bottles here will take one out and lt you know . will also check the wheelarch mats

kaos

September 7, 2011
Cork
Thanks John,

Just let me know what you have and what the costs are and I'll arrange to have them collected/paid for.

K

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
hi Kaos
i eventually got around to taking the washer bottle off the van so thats here i dont have any really good wheelarch matts .
i found some of that seal that you were looking for as well .(if your trying to contact me send a text )

006.JPG
005.JPG

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
Hi John,
While you're looking through your sheds could you also check if you by any chance have a set of the rubbers that covers the front wheel arches and seat sides? Mine are fairly ripped up.
And Finally...I also need a replacement windscreen washer "bottle" if anyone out there has one.

ive a half decent pair of these
can get them to kerry in jan