Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Splitscreen on donedeal

eol321

January 19, 2011
Galway
:cool:
Jon's in business.

Isn't Ross making a new ultra funky website for Jon? think thats what I was told.

Nice bus, whats the plan?

Not too sure,
1 - gettin the welding finished asap, only few bits to do ~ also want to put the access panel above the engine that the bays have for accesability (thoughts?)

2 - Soda/Sandblasting - dunno which yet, full inside and out or just the needed bits, under the seats etc seem fine, paint grand so might just re-paint

3 - Two tone paint (Obviously :cool:) Thinking white on top and red or lime green on bottom or black on top, red on bottom,

4 - Interior, loads of ideas but not 2 sure yet what i'm gonna do!!

G

Not too sure,
1 - gettin the welding finished asap, only few bits to do ~ also want to put the access panel above the engine that the bays have for accesability (thoughts?)

2 - Soda/Sandblasting - dunno which yet, full inside and out or just the needed bits, under the seats etc seem fine, paint grand so might just re-paint

3 - Two tone paint (Obviously :cool:) Thinking white on top and red or lime green on bottom or black on top, red on bottom,

4 - Interior, loads of ideas but not 2 sure yet what i'm gonna do!!

make sure whoever blasts the bus knows what they`re doing, there`s a lot of big flat panels on a bus that are easily destroyed by heavy handed blasting, or go for the soda instead as it`s a much more gentle process . good luck with it , lokks like a nice bus

eol321

January 19, 2011
Galway
make sure whoever blasts the bus knows what they`re doing, there`s a lot of big flat panels on a bus that are easily destroyed by heavy handed blasting, or go for the soda instead as it`s a much more gentle process . good luck with it , lokks like a nice bus

Aye i just had the painter over and he said it's got the straighest panels he's ever seen on one and that it be a pity if the sandblasting wrecked it!

who do ye recommend? few local guys but not too sure they're up for it!

wee bit of rust around windscreen frames that the sodablasting wouldn't shift i'd say!

I'll get the sandblasting done with ultra fine sand i'd say

COLOUR CHOICE NEXT! :D

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork

also want to put the access panel above the engine that the bays have for accesability (thoughts?)
Dunno if it'll be an advantage or not. I dont miss having access from over the engine. Wouldn't like to cut the floor either. Most of what you'd need to get at is in front of you when you open the engine lid. Plenty room in around the engine too. (and takes only a few minutes to drop the engine out if you need to get in behind it!)

eol321

January 19, 2011
Galway
Dunno if it'll be an advantage or not. I dont miss having access from over the engine. Wouldn't like to cut the floor either. Most of what you'd need to get at is in front of you when you open the engine lid. Plenty room in around the engine too. (and takes only a few minutes to drop the engine out if you need to get in behind it!)

I'm not so sure now either! It's awful handy for filling the oil, gettin to the carbs etc but not a necessity i guess!

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I'm not so sure now either! It's awful handy for filling the oil, gettin to the carbs etc but not a necessity i guess!

You could just pour oil straight into an external breather box, just like Jamie Oliver did. :ROFLMAO: