Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] Spax adjustable rear shocks.

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
for rear of vw beetle.
almost as new condition.
28 levels of dampening easily adjustable.
these cost me almost €260 plus postage.
will sell for €160.
phone 087 3147920.
thanks.

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
If these are suitable for irs rear I'll have them.

edit****just googled them, they won't fit unless they're specifically for irs.

Last edited:

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Colm, don't know much about these but if I should have something like these to go with the adjustable spring plates, I'll take them please.

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
sound lads.Johnny,i think the only difference is that the bottom bushing is wider on the IRS ones,i could be wrong,but i think it would work if you put a spacer either side.Kieran,theres not a lot different about these height wise to a standard shock-they are slightly shorter when fully extended,and can compress slightly more,i think,but the main difference is that you can soften or stiffen them very easily-but if ye want them no bother-cheers

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Thanks for that Colm I'll bow out so and let kieran work away with them . I'm having enough hassle with trying to squeeze unsqueezable parts onto the front.

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Colm, I just wondered if there would be any issue using the standard shocks with the adjustable spring plates. If not, I'll work away with what I have as my shocks are new enough. Is that ok?

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
thats grand Kieran-i think the standard ones work fine too..
i'm not much of a sales man,am i?

Last edited: