Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

signwriting

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Guess I better keep this in the trading post since it is sorta comercial however really I am just looking to get some cool signwriting on my T25. I asked one guy in Dublin and this is what he came up with (I know it is not a T25 but same idea)

picture.php

I think it is good, but it is not really funky man. I know there are a couple of people on here do that sort of thing, or if anyone has any ideas or hints or pictures of T25s that look cool I'd appreciate it.

The van by the way.....
pics13.jpg

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
There are a few sign people here, Gritz does it too, plus Ive a 24inch vinyl cutter so your bound to get good feedback!

Personally, I think thats a bit dull, and the spacing works on the LT but in practice might not work on the T25, throw up a side view of it if you can! Id make the yellow flash/star image bigger to provide more of an impact and hang it off the side so it wraps around onto the roof and rear of the van!
I Also think the black and yellow text will be too small. Your phone numer and web address are the most important things for people to see and remember!

individualthinking.com should be most visible of all IMO

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Hmm, maybe we should have a member directory for stuff like this so we can do secret handshakes for discounts..:D

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
hey - i always said it - if we can help each other out then we should - like an old boys club - except with eh girls and stuff for legal reasons :D

i will try and take some decent side profile pictures of the van tonight - the more ideas the merrier please

just in relation to the yeller star - what you are saying would be very cool tsar, but that is the one part of the sign that is magnetic and needs to be removed in case i don't want to display a price for some reason. although then again big deal - i could leave it as vinyl and just change it if needs be. actuallt that idea is very cool

and yeah - it might be best to take the logo and whack a .com on the end rather than having it seperate

tom - will this paint job you did hold up to all this???? :D

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
by teh way i hate the white stripe - i know my logo is blue text and the van is blue but i'd rather change the logo colour than have that white stripe - it is too 1980's. then again the van is 1987 so ummmmmm

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Gritz, I only do it every now and again so I'm probably not competitive on price as I reckon Im buying Vinly too dear, plus I'm a bit slow on the production front as I not doing it as much as the regular signmaker. Im also limited as I can only do vinyl and nothing fancy like print, wraps or even magnetic stuff!!!

I just use it for stuff like this:
http://dirtyhabits.ie/smf/index.php?topic=29.0

On the other hand I do owe MadMax a few bob for getting my site online again!!!

While Im on the subject, Gritz, Ive just done 2 signs for a Computer shop and havnt a clue what to charge, dont want to be too dear and scare away further business! can I pm you (so I dont go off topic) and ask your opinion?

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Man I thought ye would be falling over yourselves to do this after the initial excitement yesterday :D Where is my funky design?!?!?

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
brian - artistic eh? i like the sound of your self worth my good man. i shall remain patient.

tsar - it would be unwise for a person such as myself who lives in a glass house to berate your lack of expeditiousness