Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Seats and wheels

jim6238

Club Member
Club Member
October 15, 2022
Seats might have to be withdrawn, the guy from wexford that I was buying the black seats from sold them without telling me, very bad form on his part. I'd swap for a black set if anyone was interested

Reactions: Tim

jim6238

Club Member
Club Member
October 15, 2022
Someone from Carlow bought them, if he's on here he might consider selling them on or swapping, not his problem but I was looking for a black set for a while and then they're sold on me still can't believe someone would do that

Last edited:

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Someone from Carlow bought them, if he's on here he might consider selling them on or swapping, not his problem but I was looking for a black set for a while and then they're sold on memory still can't believe someone would do that
Unfortunately you cant say you own anything until you have it in your yard. Its a common thing on different sites, donedeal, adverts ect. I would never take anybodys word on those sites until money and item has changed hands You wont find much "good manners" on offer.

jim6238

Club Member
Club Member
October 15, 2022
Unfortunately you cant say you own anything until you have it in your yard. Its a common thing on different sites, donedeal, adverts ect. I would never take anybodys word on those sites until money and item has changed hands You wont find much "good manners" on offer.
True...common decency seems to be a thing of the past aswell, anyway I'm sure a set of black seats will turn up somewhere

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
If yr still looking, i've a full set of later black 3 point seats - there's the odd rip in them eg on the back of thr back rest part - original coverings it looks like.

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
....I don't have any pics on hand - deep in storage; I'd have to rake them out.

Is your beetle the 3points mounting style front seats, before I start raking them out? Ones I have are the 3point - I think 73 is the year they went from sliders to golf style 3point / front locking pin style mounts...

jim6238

Club Member
Club Member
October 15, 2022
To be honest I haven't a clue which they are 🤦🏻‍♂️, ill attach a picture of the rails if that helps

Attachments

• 20230813_174604.jpg
    20230813_174604.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • 20230813_174555.jpg
    20230813_174555.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 78
  • 20230813_174659.jpg
    20230813_174659.jpg
    997.7 KB · Views: 80

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
Youve the early 'up to 73' rails so mine won't fit your beetle unless you start stripping both sets of front seats n start transfering covers, or retro fitting the later style of rails n some sort of front bracket attachment n that's all very long-winded

You'd think that the black seats that era are the most common in beetles here; red or wine coloured used to be the most sought after

jim6238

Club Member
Club Member
October 15, 2022
Youve the early 'up to 73' rails so mine won't fit your beetle unless you start stripping both sets of front seats n start transfering covers, or retro fitting the later style of rails n some sort of front bracket attachment n that's all very long-winded

You'd think that the black seats that era are the most common in beetles here; red or wine coloured used to be the most sought after
I know, I couldn't believe my luck when I found a set and then to have them sold on me, ill just keep searching something has to turn up "I hope" thanks for trying anyway

jim6238

Club Member
Club Member
October 15, 2022
I'm still on the look out for black basket weave seats T profile if anyone knows of any around thanks

Reactions: vwsham

jim6238

Club Member
Club Member
October 15, 2022
Folks still on the hunt for black basket weave seats T profile if anyone knows of any, thanks