Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Safari window latches & Speedo...

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Gentlemen, Does anyone have any chrome safari window latches for sale. They are for the wolfsburg west safaris..anything considered, even parts, i have 4 broken catches and a lot of water in the cab...it aint no California in Donegal thats for sure....lol...

Also a speedo for a 67 split or any recommendations for getting a broken speedo fixed ? she registers the speed, but doesnt count the miles......any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks folks.

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
I told you that "EVERY Safari leaks! I'm going by Wolfgang's on Thursday if that helps? I could send them over to you. Safari's suck, but I realize that you use them for pictures. You need to only have 1 person open and close them from now on. It also helps to have someone push on the windscreen while it's being closed.

By the way you have a Bug speedo if I remember correctly. it fits but the angle of the pick up is different than a bus .

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
I told you that "EVERY Safari leaks! I'm going by Wolfgang's on Thursday if that helps? I could send them over to you. Safari's suck, but I realize that you use them for pictures. You need to only have 1 person open and close them from now on. It also helps to have someone push on the windscreen while it's being closed.

By the way you have a Bug speedo if I remember correctly. it fits but the angle of the pick up is different than a bus .

The worst invention for a split bus EVER, hey i look cool with these bad boys open, watch the front end of my van dissolve as it leaks like a sieve. You cant even drive at decent speeds with them open as you get pummeled by flies and other road related crap. They are shite, period, a bay split doesnt even come close.

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
The worst invention for a split bus EVER, hey i look cool with these bad boys open, watch the front end of my van dissolve as it leaks like a sieve. You cant even drive at decent speeds with them open as you get pummeled by flies and other road related crap. They are shite, period, a bay split doesnt even come close.

lol....Ben, you sound like a man talking from bitter experience...lol....I was thinking maybe wellies and waterproof trousers are required to drive this wagen outside of Cali....lol....he he he...

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
i remember a horrible drive to rtts in my brothers 67 split panel, 7 hours in torrential rain, towels under the dash over our legs pulling over to empty water out every ten miles, it was painful, never again, iirc they were "bus boys" safaris which were made slightly better than crap by sticking in a set of creative engineering rubbers, i had a 66 ambulance with genuine factory option safaris, they actually werent too bad on the drive back from portugal, i never kept hold of it long enough to find out wether they were any good in the british climate lol.

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal

Britt, this sounds great, thanks for the offer. I am just checking out the WW catalogue at the moment, let me get back to you..