Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Pulley

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Gentlemen, Can any serial hoarders dig a man out....lol

I am looking for a 1600 Diesel (waterpump) pulley for the B3 Passat. She is 1991 with the Turbo Diesel Lump engine code SB and the pulley on the end of the water-pump is away, its a rare one as it has a bearing in the middle of it. The Waterpump on the SB engines have two pulleys one for a watercooled Turbo and one for PS. The outer one with no bearing is available on any T25, but the inner pulley, closest to the waterpump with an internal bearing is difficult to find.

Volkswagen discontinued it and dont have any !

VW Part number is 068 121 028.

Any leads, suggestions welcome....

Thanks Folks

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I had a SB engine in my Passat for a while and I had desperate trouble with the pulleys eating belts. I became intimately acquainted with the pulley system and I don't remember one with a bearing in the middle. What's the bearing for? On my SB the water cooled turbo was fed by a small 12v electric water pump up near the injector pump.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
oh, I have a box of various pulleys, some of which ended up as Eircooled trophies in the last couple of years. I'll have a root to see if any would suit you.

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Thanks Trev, I assume its in order that the two belts can rotate at different speeds even though they are on the same drive so to speak...I have gleened the following info from vagcat.com.

068 121 028 117mm SB
026 121 031 133m RP EZ
068 121 031 K 116mm 1Y
028 121 031E 111mm AAZ
027 121 031A 105mm KR 9A
026 121 031 133m RP EZ
068 121 031 K 116mm 1Y
028 121 031E 111mm AAZ

Thanks, Trev, Much Appreciated...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I googled up a pic of your pulley:

987_fulie_pompa_apa_3-870x580.jpg

is that like what you have? There's no bearing in the centre, just the three bolt holes onto the water pump flange.

Emy

September 10, 2013
Derry/Donegal
www.northernretros.co.uk
Trev that's the one it's like a floating pulley on the water pump so as the belt from crank to water pump then on to alt the other pulley does crank water pump and power steering I think it's so as there is always a belt on water pump because of the water cooled turbo

Paul yours has failed between the black part and the brass part

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
sorry Emy, I can't make sense of your post.

From memory, the water pump and alternator both get their drive from the crank using the one vee belt. Then there's a second outer pulley on the waterpump that takes off drive for the power steering pump using a separate smaller vee belt. Both pulleys on the water pump were solid pulleys and didn't have any kind of bearing in the centre, they just bolted up and spun together at the same rate.

Anyway, we're splitting hairs here, I've had a root around the garage and remembered where the last vee belt pulley went:

that's it there on the right, 58panelyouny has it now :ROFLMAO:

Emy

September 10, 2013
Derry/Donegal
www.northernretros.co.uk
Don't worry trev I always have that effect lol

ive never seen one before just on Paul's car if you look at the googled image the black part moves separate from the brass part I think it's to allow for the difference in revolutions between the alternator belt and power steering belt as they are both serving the waterpump on Paul's engine thus always running the waterpump in the event of belt failure so as to aid the water cooled turbo

on a standard TD the water pump get drive from alternator belt and power steering belt is driven on the crank only

its looking like we might have to use the newer type pulleys and multigroove belt from a caddy van or something like I've got on my caddy

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Trev, Emy thanks for the posts.....much appreciated...Fantastic trophys Trev nice work......at least I know know that its definitely the odd ball pulley on the B3...just gotta source one now....As Emy is the head of the service engineering department of the fleet I am confident he can remove the squeek squeek from Lazys engine.....lol...ho ho ho......if anyone has any leads on this part...let me know..im away back to the bodyshop department...lol...

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin

that's it there on the right, 58panelyouny has it now :ROFLMAO:

And if that wonderful creation on the left is any use to you,you are more than welcome to all off it.
I was going to send it back to the manufacturers as the spanner fell off the spring....Shoddy work..