Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Porsche 356

the jester

November 2, 2006
THE NORTH-THE VERY NORTH
Its been a while. to be honest my heart is not in it asking price reduced by £1.5 k was (£10k, now £8.5 ono) as the engine is sold as are the 356 brakes- these were going to be astronomical to refurbish, I now have sKome early 944 discs ( same to fit as fitting to an early bug- running gear is essentially the same) and will include a set of gasburner replicas I have for it.I have bought a few more repair panels since, nothing major, those door pilar panels stated as not included are now with the car. i bought something else, but its been that long i cant remeber all the detail!!!! ( no wonder im selling!)

can i clarify too, one of the posters asked if everything "lock stock and barrel" there -NO! have you ever bough a classic where it was all present and correct?! let alone a project!

let me assure you details posted are accurate, but ive stored stuff for 10 years, I may have los a packet lf screws or some small item etc, Ive dumped som rubber seals which were beyond saving( though if I did Ive probaly replaced them) but its substantially complete,and ive endeavoured to detail whats missing etc. I dont want sued because ive lost the wheelnuts! Im also cautious of painting a picture that your buying half a car! any seriuos negotiatios will include many many more pics and visitors always welcome !

Im open to offers, based on the asking price, I want to shift this.may be your opportunity for a bargin!

Im putting up my 356 project.
Picture001.jpg

I bought this maybe 10 years ago and imported it from the states
its a 1963 356 B T6
thata the late body, squared off bonet, came fitted with ali drum brakes.
the brakes have been sold, and replaced with 356 C discs for all four wheels, this is the 5X120 modern porche stud pattern.
the 356 engine that came with this car is the 75 HP , a bit of research would suggest that the car should have been the standard 60 hp engine, so not matchng numbers.
Picture007.jpg

ive had the car sandblasted and its sitting dry stored in red oxide primer
theres a few pics on here , Im presently uploading everything i have pic wise to a photobucket album.
Picture063.jpg

the car was stripped for sandblasting , so the parts are storred in various locations, it may take a while to account for and detail everything,
but

the car was complete and running when bought, the hornpush was stolen, and the windscreen broken in storage.
i have bought many new panels and restoration parts, again these will be cataloged and detailed over the next week.
im asking £10K, i havnt an accurate idea of the value of everything, and am open to offers
if thats too expensive make and justify an offer, if theres loads of interest,, ill raise the price
basicaly best offer within reason will secure the car.

car is in Northern Ireland, i will go to great length to facilitate a sale, and buyers

Last edited:

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
That's sound Britt, I used to follow a build thread on Rule6 a while back but not been on there in a while. Shouldn't even be asking questions, I should focus on the ghia and keep from wandering...:D

the jester

November 2, 2006
THE NORTH-THE VERY NORTH
thanks britt, (long time no see-hows it goin?)
the 356 needs soem work
it needs new floors, and they are included, the sills are ok, but new ones are included for that too, just up to the individual weather or not tu use 'em.
rest of the body needs some patches but its pretty good, iv restored worse-several times.

R

RichL

Hi just wondering if project is still for sale - be great if you have more pics and detail of whats done/left to do? PM? thanks

the jester

November 2, 2006
THE NORTH-THE VERY NORTH
Its been a while. to be honest my heart is not in it asking price reduced by £1.5 k was (£10k, now £8.5 ono) as the engine is sold as are the 356 brakes- these were going to be astronomical to refurbish, I now have sKome early 944 discs ( same to fit as fitting to an early bug- running gear is essentially the same) and will include a set of gasburner replicas I have for it.I have bought a few more repair panels since, nothing major, those door pilar panels stated as not included are now with the car. i bought something else, but its been that long i cant remeber all the detail!!!! ( no wonder im selling!)

can i clarify too, one of the posters asked if everything "lock stock and barrel" there -NO! have you ever bough a classic where it was all present and correct?! let alone a project!

let me assure you details posted are accurate, but ive stored stuff for 10 years, I may have los a packet lf screws or some small item etc, Ive dumped som rubber seals which were beyond saving( though if I did Ive probaly replaced them) but its substantially complete,and ive endeavoured to detail whats missing etc. I dont want sued because ive lost the wheelnuts! Im also cautious of painting a picture that your buying half a car! any seriuos negotiatios will include many many more pics and visitors always welcome !

Im open to offers, based on the asking price, I want to shift this.may be your opportunity for a bargin!

F

frankieboy1966

Hi is the 356 still for sale? Could you email if so frankcusack at hotmail.com thanks

Frank