Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Parts For a 58 Bug

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Hi all,

Reposting this as it was lost in the big crash of 2016. I am looking for a few bit but I'll start with these for now. I am looking for an early rear engine boot lid. I have a good one there but it is the 63 on model. I'll post a picture of the one on the car and if anyone wants to sell or swap for the later one give me a shout. Mine is not terminal but would like a good one.

Some towrag robbed the wolfsburg badge off the front of mine and I have sourced an other two but they are not the one I had. I had a colored blue green one and the ones I have are black and chrome. Possible swap for someone?

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
No Title

Attachments

• photo22343.jpg
    photo22343.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 83

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Hi All,

I'm hoping to get the bug sorted for the summer. So I'm looking for a 4tab long nose bonnet and a rear booth lid for the 58. I have later ones but would like the proper ones and originals if possible.

Anyone have anything?

oldspeedvws

Club Member
Club Member
January 22, 2007
Carrigaline, Co Cork
www.oldspeedvws.com
Hi Robbie, picking up an excellent '58 engine lid is no problem for me here in The Netherlands. There is a HUGE swap meet this Sunday in Belgium and I can get you one and send it over with GLS. Just need to know what you are willing to pay. Same with the early hood emblem. Finding a correct '50s hood IS a problem...

Reactions: Robbie and Kieran53

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Hi Robbie, picking up an excellent '58 engine lid is no problem for me here in The Netherlands. There is a HUGE swap meet this Sunday in Belgium and I can get you one and send it over with GLS. Just need to know what you are willing to pay. Same with the early hood emblem. Finding a correct '50s hood IS a problem...

Thanks for that I have know idea what it would cost to get one back to Ireland?