Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Outdoor Cover For 65 Beetle

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Lads,
Is there anyone in the club supplying outdoor car covers, i need one for my beetle and would rather buy one from someone we know.
Cheers.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Jon White can probably sort something out for you.

Just make sure that its breathable and that it won't burn the paint when its windy - I used one once on my Amazon (from Argos - should have known) that caused the paint to lift in places showing the primer and that left lots of little scratches where the wind got it moving - no matter how tight you have it tied it'll still balloon and move when the wind gusts.

Worth spending money on a good one if you must have one - I'm not really convinced that the benefits outweigh the possible disadvantages but talk to Jon for proper advice - he won't put you wrong.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I had one on my oval when I first got it, more hassle than they're worth IMHO. Give it a wax and it's good for a few months.

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Thanks lads, i was thinking about the type that you drive onto the base pull the zip around and inflate to keep the air circulating inside, coxy didn't you say your friend was importing these in, i just want to keep it out of any really bad weather that comes our way, until i can convince the other half to let me build a garage on one half of the garden.

About 400 yoyo's

1x1.GIF

1x1.GIF

1x1.GIF

1x1.GIF

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Click to enlarge picture[/FONT]
1x1.GIF
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]CarCoon Indoors Royal blue Description:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
OK2.jpg
Indoor Carcoon
[/FONT]

OK2.jpg
For storage of cars and MCs
[/FONT]

OK2.jpg
Active Airflow ventilation system
[/FONT]

OK2.jpg
Smart Battery Control
[/FONT]

OK2.jpg
Very easy in use
[/FONT]

OK2.jpg
Special tarpaulin zipper to a quick and easy access
[/FONT]

OK2.jpg
Height: 160
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Description[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Carcoon is the ultimate automobile storage system ever invented. Protect your investment. With its unique active airflow process and other advanced features, Carcoon sets a new standard in car care. The unique 'active airflow' system (worldwide patent) consists of two air treatment blower units which operate continuously to provide super-atmospheric circulating airflow 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Importantly, the circulating air is taken from inside the storage unit itself, and effectively isolates the flow of air from the humid outside environment. The blower are very economic and have a low consumption of electricity - approx. 27 GBP. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The Carcoon is very simple to use, all you need to do is cover the garage floor with the base mat provided, park your car on the mat, place the top cover over the car and fasten it to the base using the special zipper. Plug in the power supply and five minutes later your car is stored in its own protected environment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The Carcoon also comes with a battery management system that powers the Carcoon[/FONT]

About 417 yoyo's

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Keith, do you have the car parked at the side of your house? If so, it might be worth it to build a small "lean to" for the car.

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Dropped a fitted out container 22ft x 15ft in there 2 yrs ago to use as a workshop as it was free, and then built a wall to hide it so the brickwork now matches the front of the house, so it' on the driveway as of this week, i was thinking of putting a small garage in front of the wall to keep her in, it's really only the winter months i'm worried about. Need to convince the boss though. Get a few jars into her the weekend and it will be sorted.

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
I had an outdoor cover on a car outside my parents - good job my dad was retired 'cos he had a fulltime job keeping it on the damn car. My brother has one of them carcoon jobs. Dunno what its like because he has it in a garage, with the car inside it. Pointless. (its like having a giant russian doll)
I'd go with airhead & justin - shite paintjob with a good coat of wax - works for me!

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
I had an outdoor cover on a car outside my parents - good job my dad was retired 'cos he had a fulltime job keeping it on the damn car. My brother has one of them carcoon jobs. Dunno what its like because he has it in a garage, with the car inside it. Pointless. (its like having a giant russian doll)
I'd go with airhead & justin - shite paintjob with a good coat of wax - works for me!

Cheers Bud,
Mentioned the garage again tonight and didn't get laughed at,so things could be looking up.